Model requests

29 Apr 2014 18:16 #15180 by pjedvaj
This is the last time I'm making a model on request for someone. The guy never finished or published the SH-3 FG package and now he sells my 3D model for 59$!

TurboSquid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Apr 2014 19:09 #15182 by thebroons
Ugh. Frustrating. :angry:

But seeing as you now inhabit a collaborative entity, at least you know you won't get f*cked here. (unless in the improbable future we get a female flier AND she digs you.. :whistle: )

Sorry dude.

G

Any stairway is a stairway to heaven if you’re clumsy enough.
If your shirt isn’t tucked into your pants, your pants are tucked into your shirt.
Your stomach thinks all potatoes are mashed.
Most of the sky is actually below your feet.
The object of golf is to play the least amount of golf.

29 Apr 2014 19:25 #15183 by StuartC
Is this the one you did for MoJo? If so, I doubt it was him that sold it. More likely the other guy that was helping him with it and vanished.

We haven't sold any of your aircraft yet. Just to be clear on that. We do gice them away for free though but that doesn't stop anyone else who downloads it from selling it on.
If you like we could re licence you models?

29 Apr 2014 19:35 #15184 by pjedvaj
No, thanks guys. Relicensing is useless now. The damage is already done (mainly me feeling like a idiot). :sick:

29 Apr 2014 19:53 #15185 by Tomaskom
Ugh, that's harsh :angry:
Did you report an abuse? He has quite a few models there, I wouldn't be surprised if more of them had a similar story behind...

"There are no problems in the air. The only problem is hitting the ground."

30 Apr 2014 06:42 #15188 by Avionyx
I know it's a bit of an unfortunate situation. The only way to REALLY get back at him is to make sure that he CAN'T sell the model.

Put the same model up there for free?

30 Apr 2014 07:54 #15190 by Tomaskom
I remember reading about an older case where someone was trying to sell a whole Flightgear (rebranded under a different name) :S
FlightGear statement about Flight Pro Sim

It is impossible to defend against these people (legally) without investing a lot of time and/or money, and that's exactly what they are exploiting :angry:

30 Apr 2014 08:12 #15192 by StuartC
Its impossible to do anything under GPL, because thats what GPL allows. Anyone can pick up any part and do what they like with it.
Unfair at times, down right criminal sometimes, but without it we would be able to do much much less within flightgear.

30 Apr 2014 09:29 #15193 by Tomaskom

StuartC wrote: Its impossible to do anything under GPL, because thats what GPL allows.

Yes, I know. But you have to state clear about what license the "product" has and those misleading tactics are IMHO not compatible with it. That would kill the whole business plan (based around stealing others' work) if they admitted what they are selling can be obtained for free. But it's true this is more an ethical than a legal issue.

Avionyx wrote: I know it's a bit of an unfortunate situation. The only way to REALLY get back at him is to make sure that he CAN'T sell the model.

Put the same model up there for free?

Interesting idea, but one has to be careful if it wouldn't cause more people to do the same dirty stuff when they stumble upon a nice free model...

30 Apr 2014 10:13 #15204 by pjedvaj
It's not a license issue. :unsure:
I feel like a idiot because I've made it at request for FG, it never got finished and it ended up at TurboSquid...
I guess if others can live from my work so can I. I'm unemployed at the moment, why should I work for free?
I've invested too much money and time into my education, certification and software.

30 Apr 2014 11:16 #15213 by StuartC
Its a tricky situation. Were all involved in FG not to make money but to do the things we enjoy with it, be it, flying, building or modifying. Im sure we would all love to get paid for it but I dont think havind paid addons and aircraft would work in the FG world.

30 Apr 2014 11:47 #15215 by pjedvaj
God forbid, I'd made paid ones for MSFS or X-Plane, but I don't have the necessary skills.
I'm also strongly opposed to bounty system in FG because I had to deal with scammers.
It was a painful but learning experience, mostly depending on people who you work with.
To close this subject, at this moment I'll fully retreat from open source developing and enjoy in aerofly FS and X-Plane on my iPad.

30 Apr 2014 12:00 #15216 by StuartC
Its entirely your descision if you want to withdraw from FG. I dont blaim you for deciding that way but I would still like to know who that user at Turbosquid is.

01 May 2014 19:40 #15273 by Tomaskom

pjedvaj wrote: To close this subject, at this moment I'll fully retreat from open source developing and enjoy in aerofly FS and X-Plane on my iPad.

I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving, but just as others, I fully understand your decision.

pjedvaj wrote: I feel like a idiot because I've made it at request for FG, it never got finished and it ended up at TurboSquid...

I can assure you I will do my best while working on the L-159 you so kindly made for me ;)

02 May 2014 13:41 #15290 by thebroons
Well seeing as we have the appropriate topic line....

I have a model request. Not so much a new one, but a re-invention of an oldie but goodie. Been doodling with the Dave Culp F-105, and would like to make improvements.

1. Livery capability. I have lots of resource material waiting to ooze down my virtual paintbrush! :woohoo:

2. Preferably, a YASIM FDM option

3. Rembrandt-ization, upgrade / update of effects

4. Weapons capability upgrade.

5. It would be awesome if someone could perhaps design a "napalm" ordinance, that would tumble through the air clumsily (as they did) and ignite a fire in a realistic pattern (i.e. a forward motion burst, negligible fire behind the impact point).

I am doing colour corrections and seam corrections right now (top of wings seam pattern was a bottom wing pattern!), a more HD livery and some more wear / dirt texturing. Liveries will come on after.

As one of my favs from my youth, this one needs some respect!

Who's helping me here?

G

Any stairway is a stairway to heaven if you’re clumsy enough.
If your shirt isn’t tucked into your pants, your pants are tucked into your shirt.
Your stomach thinks all potatoes are mashed.
Most of the sky is actually below your feet.
The object of golf is to play the least amount of golf.

02 May 2014 13:46 #15292 by StuartC
It was already on the upgrade list and I also had a 80% yasim FDM done for it.

02 May 2014 13:54 #15293 by Tomaskom

thebroons wrote: 5. It would be awesome if someone could perhaps design a "napalm" ordinance, that would tumble through the air clumsily (as they did) and ignite a fire in a realistic pattern (i.e. a forward motion burst, negligible fire behind the impact point).

The Napalm sounds interesting! I will put it to my TODO list, I like working with the particle system and this is a very nice challenge :)

02 May 2014 14:13 #15294 by Avionyx
I'm totally with you on the Thud.

Generally I don't "Get" US aircraft but the F-105 and F-4 Phantom do it for me, along with the F-111.

If there's anything I can help with I will.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds