Poll: Brexit - Yes or No?

Yes - Vote Leave
5 41.7%
No - Vote Remail
7 58.3%
Total number of voters: 12 ( Rafdave, sanni, Richard, Porcius, Warty ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
14 Jun 2016 08:51 #29101 by Avionyx
So it's on every other forum in the world.

However we're a bit "different" here and with the cross section of users from across the world I'd like to see what peoples thoughts are.
Should the UK Leave the European Union (BREXIT) or should the UK Vote to Stay?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jun 2016 09:35 #29109 by Algernon
Oh God. I just want it to be over.

I'm for staying in. I don't like what the UK could become, based on what economic fear and blaming ethnic groups have produced in Europe in the past - the EU does at least keep some control over that. I also happen to think the UK is a better place because of immigration, and although some control is necessary, we can ultimately benefit if it's managed right. I'm mostly worried that, without European checks, the UK will sign up to trade agreements which suit the ultra-rich and the banks and slowly sell off London to the Middle East, as nobody but the Conservatives are electable in the forseeable future, and the Tory hopefuls are all vile. I also think it will break up the UK in a damaging sudden way, rather than a carefully managed one at the right time.

14 Jun 2016 10:15 #29112 by StuartC
I want to Exit because I want to see if the PM's prediction of it causing WW III actually is true.

14 Jun 2016 10:37 #29115 by Algernon

StuartC wrote: I want to Exit because I want to see if the PM's prediction of it causing WW III actually is true.

OK, that's a great point. I changed my mind. I'm already collecting aluminium!

14 Jun 2016 13:56 #29121 by Vodoun da Vinci
Well...Cameron will melt down over it so that's a good thing. Certainly the UK divorcing itself from the EU and the Euro could be a game changer and the current game really seems in need of some modification.

Ya'll should secede from the EU and hook up with the US again. We can all go down the tubes together under the heel of The Donald..... :lol: :sick:

VooDoo

14 Jun 2016 14:15 #29122 by StuartC
I'm curious also in that the WWIII excuse was put forward, then after that they said but your foreign holidays will go up in price. I Fail to see how that would matter if we just had WW III...............

14 Jun 2016 16:08 #29126 by Neilson
I think I am for staying in, due to human rights that protect us from badly run governments.

I think Cameron wants us to leave, but has to say Stay In because of his position.

Most people I meet at work or out and about want to leave.
I have noticed today that telling most people that I want in gets dirty looks, were as I say I want out gets smiles.

I think the UK will leave sadly.

14 Jun 2016 16:23 #29129 by J Maverick 16

Neilson wrote: I think the UK will leave sadly.

Honestly, Uk's half in the EU ever since, just think about the fact they kept using pounds (fortunately) instead of Euros...
Mav

Breakin' the sound barrier every day!
Oh God, that's EGOD!

FG 2020.3.1 - iMac 27" (Mid 2010) w/ macOS 10.12.6 - Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar

16 Jun 2016 12:38 - 16 Jun 2016 12:49 #29200 by Algernon

Vodoun da Vinci wrote: Ya'll should secede from the EU and hook up with the US again. We can all go down the tubes together under the heel of The Donald..... :lol: :sick:

That is what the current polls say will happen. Outside of the EU, the Tory government would sign up immediately and probably desperately to a US trade partnership which would be much more favourable to the USA (which is fucked financially and will aggressively financially screw everybody it can to claw back from the brink - this is what Obama has been trying to do for months, and wants the TTIP deal signed with Europe before the end of his term). It would allow US corporations to carry out exploitative mining and resource extraction on UK soil, and if legislation (for any reason, even health and safety of people and their property) causes them any problems, they can use US-style litigation to sue the UK government for loss of earnings. Our society is already far too oriented towards the rich - closer economic ties with the US would only serve to bring us under the same heavy yoke as the American middle-classes and could even threaten our policy of universal healthcare.

That is a nightmare future. I know you meant it in jest, VooDoo, but the last thing the ordinary UK citizen needs is any closer political or economic relationship with the USA (at least with big business criminals like Obama/Clinton at the helm). It's my biggest fear with regards to Brexit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neilson, Vodoun da Vinci

16 Jun 2016 17:21 #29208 by Vodoun da Vinci
Anyone that has any sense will stay as far away fro the US as it can - HUGE money runs everything and has stolen this election cycle in the US. Democratic Process has been suspended. I know the analogy is over used but America looks just like Germany in the late 1930's now. Reasonable people are clamming up as America and it's owners, the .01%, prepare to buy everything they can bamboozle. And burn the rest of it to the ground.

I was kidding Algy. There can't possibly be anything good for Americas allies in the future. I have no idea if it better for ya'll to stay with the EU or secede but I'll tell you from a guy who lives here that America is seething and Democratic process has been suspended. Anyone from America offers you anything run like hell.

Me excluded, of course. You can trust me.... :woohoo: :kiss:

VooDoo

16 Jun 2016 17:33 #29211 by geed
I don't know actually. Can't decide. Stuart's reasoning is perfect though :D

I'd say it's better to stay as the old Commonwealth community is not giving enough strength and the bond with the United States can be managed within the context of an E.U. as well. Also to me it seems that we are actually doing quite well inside the E.U.

But actually, I don't even know if what I am writing makes enough sense to be considerable... :S

16 Jun 2016 20:12 #29218 by Porcius
I warn ye !

The WALLS will go up, the Mega Cities will rise, the affluent will prevail and the Judges will be the Executioners...

The UK will be a penitentiary or Mega Prison as France will have the European wall around it.

Vote 'Remain' or we will be Exiled to the Scorched Earth...

Porcy :unsure: :silly:

Lightning DOES strike twice.

Watchmen Quote - "I am looking at the stars.... Thier light takes so long to reach us. All we ever see of Stars are thier old photographs"

16 Jun 2016 21:28 - 16 Jun 2016 21:37 #29219 by Warty
Seeing what is going on in the UK at the moment, I am glad that I am no longer part of it. More than half of my adult life has been spent outside the UK (the last 13 years of it in Spain). Even living/working in the UK I was largely working with non-UK organisations. Although I think that it's not in the best interests of the UK leave the EU, I think it would be better for the EU if they did.

Mac 10.14.1 Mojave, FG 2018.3.5

17 Jun 2016 16:22 #29230 by Algernon
This week, I am absolutely sick of England.

17 Jun 2016 18:43 #29232 by Porcius
Any one got any jobs going ? I am sick to death of the fucking crap I got to deal with at the moment.

Beer me, Marge. Now.

Porcy :sick:

Lightning DOES strike twice.

Watchmen Quote - "I am looking at the stars.... Thier light takes so long to reach us. All we ever see of Stars are thier old photographs"

17 Jun 2016 23:20 #29241 by Vodoun da Vinci
I got the Warsteiner Dunkel and a nifty bottle of Rye, Bro. Come on over and I'll beer ya right now. :)

It'll be better...tomorrow. I am sure of it.

VooDoo

18 Jun 2016 00:10 #29242 by Algernon

Vodoun da Vinci wrote: Me excluded, of course. You can trust me.... :woohoo: :kiss:

Oh yeah, I know. Very often, I'm not a fan of the US government, but I almost always love individuals. One of my best friends is a southern gal I've actually never met, but we've been very close online friends for almost two decades. And you're obviously on that list too. :kiss:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodoun da Vinci

23 Jun 2016 19:48 #29322 by Neilson
My vote is done, now the wait to see what happens.

23 Jun 2016 20:01 #29323 by Algernon
My prediction: Remain will take it, by a margin of between 2% and 5%.

23 Jun 2016 20:44 #29324 by J Maverick 16

Algernon wrote: My prediction: Remain will take it, by a margin of between 2% and 5%.

If it's true, I virtually offer you a beer :lol: .
I do think that's what's goin' to happen to be honest.
Mav

Breakin' the sound barrier every day!
Oh God, that's EGOD!

FG 2020.3.1 - iMac 27" (Mid 2010) w/ macOS 10.12.6 - Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds