daVinci _F-35A and daVinci_F-35B released

25 Sep 2020 19:32 #48202 by Vodoun da Vinci
www.fguk.me/hangar/military-jets/summary...4-f-35a-ctol-variant

www.fguk.me/hangar/military-jets/summary...-f-35b-stovl-variant

Lots to be done but it's fun and Geed will get the Sound squared away. Enjoy.

VooDoo
The following user(s) said Thank You: thebroons, Porcius, J Maverick 16, eagle12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Sep 2020 21:19 #48205 by Porcius
Woo Hoo !!

Lightning DOES strike twice.

Watchmen Quote - "I am looking at the stars.... Thier light takes so long to reach us. All we ever see of Stars are thier old photographs"

25 Sep 2020 23:47 #48207 by eagle12
Dude thank very much that you bring this bird !!! ;)

In the moment or for a longer time I can't start FG and try this bird of prey out.
But I will enjoy your flying on the big screen and wish everyone a great Flight night.

Like a famous man said: I'll be back. B)

26 Sep 2020 10:55 #48208 by geed
Congrats on this achievement man!

It’s a super nice addition to the zoo!

...currently “recording” Stuart’s amazing jag video from Facebook. As I cannot download the video I have to grab its sound the old fashioned way by recording the windows sound. ;)

Attachments:

26 Sep 2020 21:24 #48210 by Porcius
Perhaps you could train us (after the flight-night) on a Sunday afternoon sometime ?

Muchos appreciatos

Porcy

Watchmen Quote - "I am looking at the stars.... Thier light takes so long to reach us. All we ever see of Stars are thier old photographs"

27 Sep 2020 13:11 #48211 by Vodoun da Vinci
Need help with the F-35B?

VooDoo

27 Sep 2020 15:31 #48215 by Porcius
No - its ok, I was just suggesting a get-together to go through the systems but Mav seemed to have it all under control so its ok :)

Porcy

27 Sep 2020 16:13 #48216 by oly2b
Now we got the aircraft we need the aircraft carrier to match

27 Sep 2020 16:40 #48217 by StuartC
we have it under development

27 Sep 2020 19:23 #48220 by J Maverick 16

Porcius wrote: ...but Mav seemed to have it all under control so its ok :)

Well it was the first time I tried the B out since I downloaded both minutes before the FlightNight and again I'm impressed. Of course, I need to figure out proper throttle power, nozzle inclination and all but it isn't that hard, although the landings might be at first hehe. All takes practice.
Mav

Breakin' the sound barrier every day!
Oh God, that's EGOD!

FG 2020.3.1 - iMac 27" (Mid 2010) w/ macOS 10.12.6 - Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Porcius

27 Sep 2020 20:36 #48221 by enrogue
This is what the F-35A looks like on Linux - probably case sensitivity in texture files or the path:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodoun da Vinci

29 Sep 2020 10:50 - 29 Sep 2020 10:55 #48228 by Vodoun da Vinci
Fucking Linux....pain in the ass. I'll look at it. How is the B? OK or same issues?

VooDoo

29 Sep 2020 11:04 #48229 by Vodoun da Vinci
I found the problem with the F-35A...I'll try and get it fixed this weekend.

VooDoo

29 Sep 2020 13:15 - 29 Sep 2020 13:23 #48233 by enrogue
errors from the F-35B:

osgDB ac3d reader: could not find texture "F35A_2_T.png"

XML sound: couldn't find file: 'Aircraft/daVinci_F-35B/Sounds/Samples/flaps.wav'
XML sound: couldn't find file: 'Aircraft/daVinci_F-35B/Sounds/crash.wav'

landing gear is missing textures by the looks:

Errors from the F-35A:

XML sound: couldn't find file: 'Aircraft/daVinci_F-35A/Sounds/Samples/flaps.wav'
XML sound: couldn't find file: 'Aircraft/daVinci_F-35A/Sounds/crash.wav'

32.76 [ALRT]:OSG osgDB ac3d reader: could not find texture "F35A_1_T.png"
32.76 [ALRT]:OSG osgDB ac3d reader: could not find texture "F35A_2_T.png"
32.87 [ALRT]:OSG osgDB ac3d reader: could not find texture "F35A_4_T.png"
33.00 [ALRT]:OSG osgDB ac3d reader: could not find texture "F35A_3_T.png"

What I normally do is change the filename reference in the xml to match the case of file - usually renaming the file doesn't work
Attachments:

29 Sep 2020 23:31 - 29 Sep 2020 23:36 #48236 by Vodoun da Vinci
So, what is Linux major malfunction here? I can make it work on other systems but not Linux because of what malfunction?

I don't have the time to play with a finicky OS. It works on my machine and many others.....not sure I'm S.M.A.R.T. enough to make it work on Linux. I give up. Spent hours tonight and managed to fuck it all up so that nothing works.

I don't need this. I'll remove the aircraft and give up. What the fuck. Should have known better than try and do something cool and worthwhile....I'm done trying to Develop for FGFS. I'll just fly them on my machine and shut the fuck up.

VooDoo

30 Sep 2020 07:34 #48237 by enrogue
Hey Voodoo

It's nothing you're doing

It's that Linux has a case sensitive filesystem, so when FG references a file & the case doesn't match, it can't find it - simple as that.

MacOS can have case sensitivity turned on as well - it's just not on by default

just do what you want - I'm just pointing out where in the logs that I think case sensitivity is affecting the F-35 (sound and textures)

you don't *have* to fix it - I was just trying to be helpful. I don't feel comfortable providing patches at this point

peace, dude
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodoun da Vinci

30 Sep 2020 11:22 #48238 by Vodoun da Vinci
Apologies...I'm just all cranked up. Can't sleep, don't eat sometimes for days now, drink too much. I'll solve it and I appreciate the help. I'm just all messed up right now.

I sincerely appreciate your pointing me to the issues - I have it solved but now in a shit fit I deleted them from the Hangar. I'll try and get them back up when I settle.

VooDoo

30 Sep 2020 12:20 #48239 by Avionyx
VooDoo just remember you've got a bunch of people here who are 100% behind you. This isn't supposed to be stressful, it's supposed to be fun. If something is pissing you off don't let the stress get to you (easier said than done) nobody here is demanding answers / fixes

Laugh it off and walk away. Everything you contribute here is absolutely valued and your skills are appreciated. Come back to problems when you've got the time or inclination but don't let it destroy the awesome stuff you've created.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodoun da Vinci, J Maverick 16

30 Sep 2020 12:53 - 04 Oct 2020 13:30 #48240 by eagle12
Why their let VooDoo do everything by itself ?

He cannot test everything because it works on his Windows machine. And even if he pays meticulous attention to the upper and lower case letters, small mistakes can always happen - this is normal when working on it.

One solution would be: That a Linux person tested VooDoo's aircraft before it is released (for FGUK), makes corrections and sends it back to VooDoo. And Voodoo can check on his Windows machine that everything works on Windows as well. And then it can be released.

It's a community of airplane enthusiasts and everyone from the FGUK members can help. I think I remember Alex making a good suggestion for collaboration and publishing !!!

was a bad suggestion from me. Sorry for that !!!

30 Sep 2020 22:15 #48251 by Vodoun da Vinci
Nope...I'm being an asshole and I am sorry. I just didn't spend enough time proofing things and I got in a hurry and then when I ran into a time crunch (this is my first week back to work for 6 months) a guy who's opinion and expertise I value finds some issues and tries to help me and I turn into a raging maniac. :pinch: :( :oops:

I'll get it sorted and back in The Hanger. I do appreciate the feedback and help. It's just that watching my Country slide into Fascism and to be living on the brink of hot civil war, riots, and daily shots fired, unemployed, broke, and paying $1200 a month for health insurance has me tight as a drum.

That's an excuse but it's the best I have. I apologize.

VooDoo

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds