Shorts Belfast C.1

11 Oct 2020 20:46 #48349 by Avionyx
Hi All

Intend to bring this one out of the dusty past and give it a bit of love.

2 main issues for the moment that have stopped it from ever getting the attention it deserves, and one more recent update related thing.

Priority 1: Animations on the gear aren't there at all. Rest of the flying surfaces seem animated but others need looking at. Prop spinners on the starboard side are off centre

Priority 2: Cockpit. It has such absolutely huge potential, and so much is already there as a blank canvas but the instruments already there are barely working. Some not at all (alt, HI etc)

Priority 3: Cockpit class is only transparent in pilot view, in all other views it's solid.

If you see this screenshot it also looks like some shader values might be off. It's a bit dark on the shadow side.

As for flight performance I haven't tested it too far yet, it feels good in the roll but perhaps a bit sprightly in the elevators. You can bank it 90 degrees and pull back and it'll turn on a penny without any comeback or loss of height. Rolls out beautifully smoothly and slowly though.

Have updated the drive with the latest version I have.

Stuart has been doing promo flights which have had excellent reach using choppers and a life FB stream. I'd love to do the same using the Belfast, hence my desire to get it up and running.

Anyone with any interest for helping is welcome to.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Oct 2020 20:36 #48430 by Vodoun da Vinci
I can do the .amb values for this....

VooDoo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avionyx

25 Oct 2020 09:24 #48468 by Avionyx
Thanks VooDoo - much appreciated!

25 Oct 2020 13:57 #48470 by Vodoun da Vinci
All .amb in the Models folder has been corrected and uploaded..looks a lot better. I did notice that the backs/frames of the seats have no texture - poly.004 I renamed to "SeatBacks" and would have assigned them a texture but there doesn't seem to be one.

So I left it renamed as SeatBacks.

Cheers!

VooDoo
The following user(s) said Thank You: StuartC

Time to create page: 0.321 seconds