Shorts Belfast C.1

18 Nov 2020 11:15 #48855 by enrogue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Nov 2020 15:02 #48857 by Warty
Alex/Stuart,

This is probably the last I will do on this before Flight Night, unless some serious mistakes are uncovered in the models and animations I have done. No night flying until someone does the instrument lighting. I think the autopilot could be better.

Over to you to modify and release a new version if / when you want.

Mac 10.14.1 Mojave, FG 2018.3.5
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: thebroons

19 Nov 2020 15:05 #48861 by Warty
Having finally figured the issue with the ILS at Northolt, I've been trying approaches to it and discovered that the ILS needles are wrong.

FlightDeck.ac will have to be swapped to fix this. Available from
github.com/John-Bray/Short-Belfast_mods

FlightDeck.xml could just be fixed manually, see line 42

Attachments:

19 Nov 2020 15:31 - 19 Nov 2020 15:32 #48862 by Warty
enrogue, yes that's what I use mostly for instruments
ORTE2LTT.TTF
but it's not much use unless you have something you can use to change the stroke width, like Adobe Illustrator.

Attachments:

20 Nov 2020 10:21 #48885 by StuartC
As Alex's computer died this morning, Im attempting to pick up where he left off to get some sort of release out today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warty

20 Nov 2020 15:37 #48887 by StuartC
Ok, Best I can do at the moment.

Belfast V1.X now available for tomorrows flight.

www.fguk.me/hangar/turboprops/download/4...500-short-belfast-c1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Porcius, Warty

23 Nov 2020 08:17 #48914 by Avionyx
Apologies for missing out on the first outing of this after all the hard work you put in, Warty.

Do you have any plans moving forward for it? It seems like an excellent platform and got a lot of promise. Willing to muck in where needed to get this to a high standard. It's one that deserves the love.

Alex

23 Nov 2020 12:52 #48915 by Warty
Alex,

I will carry on working on the Flight Deck model and its animations as and when. I have put these here:

github.com/John-Bray/Belfast_FlightDeck

I only just noticed when I came to download the latest version today that it is CC-BY-NC-SA v4. I was using an old version as my basis (that I had from 2015) that didn't have a licence file in it so I assumed it was GPL. Maybe it was back then - who knows? Whatever. My GitHub account doesn't allow me to distribute CC-BY-NC-SA stuff and personally, I only do GPL anyway.

But you already have the modified aircraft model and its animations.

Will let you know when any significant changes are made to the FlightDeck

23 Nov 2020 13:04 #48916 by enrogue
I assume it's CC licensed because it's an Alphasim model? I only see that in the set.xml rather than the usual Alphasim notice

If so - it might be worth contacting Virtavia/Alphasim about releasing it under the GPL as Richard did with the Supermarine Swift

23 Nov 2020 13:10 #48917 by Avionyx
Gentlemen,

Yes that's the sticking point Enrogue. I'm hoping to charm my way with Alphasim to getting the Belfast, Lynx and Harrier GR5/GR9 models GPL.

I'll keep everyone posted with how it goes. It's not intended to be a CC license unless it can't be avoided.

Alex

23 Nov 2020 18:17 #48923 by geed
Sound related, what I added to the model is just the start. I am still trying to find the right signature sound but I am on it.

To be able to go on with the sound design, I will need the engines and the propellers run the right way. As soon as the engines reached nominal N2 props will run at constant reduced rpm. Thrust will be produced by changing blade angle, either manually (in ground or beta) or automatically (PMU) in the air. That creates different sounds and that would be what I am after.
Would be too cool to have that twisted roaring sound when the blades are turning.

Starter question would be. Are the engines designed to work like general turbojets and can they be controlled that way?

A little more advanced question would be: If they are working that way, how can we control Blade Setting and come up with a thrust value and actually create force on the aircraft to move it?

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds