For the past year I had a lot of RL issues, so not much progress.
Nevertheless here an update.
1) The Radar/Camera unit is no more floating like a UFO Also the shape is changed to be more realistic.
2) The fuselage frame part for the windows have been updated to allow for doors (unsymmetrical for pilot and copilot which caused some head ache for non-modelling-professional like me).
3) Pilot door with hinges more or less like in RL.
1) The pilot door is prepared to open and close. Just that I do not yet know how to get this into FG.
2) Of course the same goes for the copilot door and of course it also has hinges at the correct place.
09 Nov 2019 13:20 - 09 Nov 2019 13:22#43746by hans05
And the wheels are changed to be much more realistic. More balloony and the rim has been changed to be more realistic (might still need some work). This has always disturbed me quite a lot since the original 3D-model had spokes and the tire was way too flat.
Any suggestions for improvement or what still needs prio update are very welcome
Tiger-external.wav is the outside audio of the aircraft. Tiger-internal.wav is the resulting audio after building a canopy filter using audio from an
F-4 with it's canopy open and closed. So my script built a filter of the difference between
them and I applied it to the external audio.
14 Nov 2019 21:25 - 14 Nov 2019 21:27#43819by hans05
And a detailed picture:
Here you can see that I completely reworked the covers of the piston and the lower rod. Those were much too small and in reality the lower cover is more like a small wing which I hope in my model looks ok now.
I definitely would like to add a weapon system. Actually I was dreaming of having it interact with other items like OPRF planes. So it should be able to destroy tanks and possibly other aircraft but also it should be destroyable so that we could have heli dogfights
Just that I do not know if that is realistic. JMav, you work with F-16. Do you know how the weapon system works and how would be a way for me to learn that?