Sat 6th - RAF Interceptor

01 Jul 2013 16:13 - 05 Jul 2013 22:13 #10076 by Algernon

Updated - and there's more lower down...

Owing to a shortfall in defence spending, and a suspicious number of pilots reporting sick during the sudden nice UK weather, FGUK has agreed to assist in the Royal Air Force's Quick Reaction Alert coverage. Report to Llanbedr (EGOD) at 1900 zulu (that's 8pm in the UK) and equip to fly with an extended range profile where possible (arming will take place at the forward operating base) in one of the following aircraft:

Eurofighter EF2000
Tornado F3 ADV
McDonnell Douglas F-18D
Saab J-39 Gripen

You will then be tasked to fly into RAF Leuchars, and having landed and taken on a weaponload, you will park in the northern dispersal area and await instructions.

There is a limited choice, as these aircraft will all be updated before Saturday with dynamic multiplayer sound, and all will be checked for Rembrandt compatibility - the timing will be such that, if you so choose, you can fly in real time and, if your system can handle it, with Rembrandt enabled for some spectacular twilight visuals and realistic audio.

If you'd like another aircraft added to this list, pipe up and pipe quick and I might be able to find the time to add in canopy sound and multiplayer sound, and check the Rembrandt, but I want to keep it a fairly small group. Maybe I could do something with the VooDoo Draken if VooDoo's happy with that, for example...

You will also need to download some other aircraft (if you don't already have them), that list is to follow.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jul 2013 20:04 #10080 by Avionyx
Looking forward to it already.

Curious as to the "other aircraft" list ;) sounds intriguing!

02 Jul 2013 00:19 #10082 by Vodoun da Vinci
Oh Boy..Uncle VooDoo's Spider Sense is all turgid and quivering. :woohoo: :pinch:

:cheer:

VooDoo

03 Jul 2013 08:20 #10100 by DutchPilotMitchell
This seems really interesting but sadly I'll be on vacation to the ardennen in Belgium....see you guys next week hopefully :(

03 Jul 2013 08:41 #10101 by StuartC
If im home in time I'll join in for this one.
If not, It will be 3 weeks before my next FGUK flight :ohmy:

03 Jul 2013 11:28 #10102 by Vodoun da Vinci
We'll miss you guys....have fun and we'll see ya'll when ya get back! :)

VooDoo

03 Jul 2013 12:02 #10103 by Algernon
Fingers crossed for Stuart then - if we have enough pilots, we'll split into two flights with two flight leaders, and it's always handy to have somebody, er, with a commanding presence ;)

The list of "other aircraft" will be up on Friday - don't want to leave too much time for speculation, eh?

06 Jul 2013 11:36 - 06 Jul 2013 12:22 #10151 by Algernon
Bah, I can't post the list for some reason... always get a 403 forbidden error, perhaps because of the number of links in it it looks like spam. Anyway... attempting a lash up...

06 Jul 2013 13:41 #10158 by Algernon

06 Jul 2013 16:24 #10160 by Avionyx
Downloading now and really looking forward to it!

06 Jul 2013 18:21 #10170 by Algernon
Start in the EGOD slots, everybody :)

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds