EDOG adventure movie.

22 Mar 2020 09:42 #45683 by StuartC
Well we originally had a good turnout, but the MP crashing bug in the early and current public 2019 FG releases is killing our fun.
We soldiered on, did the first challenge, then went to visit Stone henge.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodoun da Vinci

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Mar 2020 09:43 - 22 Mar 2020 09:44 #45684 by StuartC

22 Mar 2020 11:00 #45686 by enrogue
Was the crashing happening with just the Aero Commander?

22 Mar 2020 12:49 #45687 by StuartC
yep

22 Mar 2020 13:06 #45688 by enrogue
OK well I can't reproduce it on my own with 8 clients - how many were online last night?

I'm not going to be able to make a flight night for the foreseeable future with the lockdown, but if we could organise a test at some other time we can see if reproduce it with any aircraft & see if disabling the <unload> section in the model xml is actually a temporary fix, and also I may be able to get a proper backtrace

22 Mar 2020 13:29 #45691 by StuartC
I think we had about 10. But there wasa final crash right at the end and wed fewer aircraft at that point. I was only a passenger last night and it still killed my FG too.

22 Mar 2020 13:43 #45692 by enrogue
Yes it would affect everyone that has the model loaded for MP as it's the nasal loaded for MP models that's causing the crash that I can see - or technically it seems to be when the disconnect happens & the nasal is unloaded

There is a delay between someone disconnecting & the model being unloaded - probably to protect against constant loading/unloading in MP flights when people have network issues

I don't think I could reproduce the problem with 2019.2.0 at all, but it would be useful to test properly

MP bugs are a real pain in the arse to reproduce!

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds