MP & Flightnights

13 Sep 2020 12:24 #48142 by oly2b
Hi all been watching the Flightnights on Youtube for a few weeks and would like to join the group at some point but crashing and burn with a audience as put me off so far.

If there any guidance on how to get going with MP (never used so far) and I managed to find TeamSpeak Server, is the passenger version of a aircraft a good stepping stone or just a waste time?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Sep 2020 12:38 #48143 by StuartC
The passenger version just lets you ride shotgun with the pilot. If he dies, you die too.
Everyone crashes and burns at some point, even experienced pilots crash and burn, it is something you just need to accept.

13 Sep 2020 13:17 #48144 by thebroons

it is something you just need to accept.

Indeed. Only for myself, I've propelled my self into the ground like a freakin' dart more times than I care to recall, found cumulo-granite, etc. etc. Why, I've even gotten the AP to be the assistance in assisted in-flight suicide!

Long and the short - you WILL crash. But roll with it, try to crash with style, flair and debonaire!

lol

G

Any stairway is a stairway to heaven if you’re clumsy enough.
If your shirt isn’t tucked into your pants, your pants are tucked into your shirt.
Your stomach thinks all potatoes are mashed.
Most of the sky is actually below your feet.
The object of golf is to play the least amount of golf.

13 Sep 2020 16:17 #48148 by enrogue
MP is much more fun than flying alone - I just wish I had time

You’ll learn so much on FGUK flight nights - I did.

If you’re worried, just practise takeoffs & landings with your desired aircraft for that flight beforehand

14 Sep 2020 18:09 #48149 by Vodoun da Vinci
Agreed - just do it. Practice with an aircraft for an upcoming FlightNight and then just show up and enjoy the best part - the company and camaraderie of being a part of a group that is using FGFS MP for fun. And we learn from each other and we teach each other and we share stuff like terrain, topography, stupid stories and we watch each other screw up.

Last week I caught my tail rotor on an unseen object and spun out/died. Pisses me off (mostly because I'm Flight Leader, flying the aircraft *and* shooting video) but that's part of the fun and experience. Humility. Everybody screws up so there is no sense in not enjoying the FlightNight Adventure for fear of looking stupid or screwing up.

Not likely you'll screw up as bad as I have already done many times in the past....:woohoo: :lol:

VooDoo

14 Sep 2020 20:50 #48151 by eagle12
To fly togehter is the best that you can have in Flightgear !!!
Do it and keep going. You'd see it's......fuuuuun. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodoun da Vinci

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds