I can not see mach loop rings

22 Mar 2020 21:48 #45698 by Swamp
Hi folks,

I haven't drove myself insane flying the mach loop over and over to try for a good time in a while so I figured it was about time. I installed the AI stuffs as usual but I see no rings. Things pop up all over my RWR when I choose mach loop under AI but no rings. Does anyone have any insight as to why this would be happening?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Mar 2020 07:00 - 23 Mar 2020 07:02 #45701 by Algernon
Hey Steve,

It sounds like perhaps the models aren't loading. Have you installed a new version of FlightGear since you flew it last? First thing to check would to be that AI Models are enabled.

23 Mar 2020 07:10 #45702 by Algernon
OK, I just flew it with the scenario freshly installed and I'm seeing the markers, but they're gliders.

This tallies with a problem I had a few weeks back with models being read from the AI aircraft directory - for some reason, I could place AI models if the aircraft models were being loaded from the /Aircraft directory, but not /AI/aircraft.

Steve, can you see gliders hanging in the air along the route? If you can use the aircraft systems to follow them as you say above, you should be able to locate them (or use the Canvas map from the Equipment menu). They are seen by FG as aircraft and so show up on maps and some radars.

23 Mar 2020 12:17 #45710 by J Maverick 16
I was seeing gliders and the timing wasn't accounted for. I've managed to make it work by changing the tag from "static" (or whatever it is, can't remember now) to "ship" hence being visible and marking them as blue on in-game map traffic. Although it comes at the cost that the hexagons are now "hot" meaning that you crash if touch the edges, making the point of flying through it for time impossible so I reverted it. I've been told it's because there has been changes to AI so that only some pre-installed scenarios work but not self-added ones. Hopefully it can be solved since it's a pain for me relying a lot on custom AIs for a number of things including weapon testing and practice.
Mav

Breakin' the sound barrier every day!
Oh God, that's EGOD!

FG 2019.1.1 - iMac 27" (Mid 2010) w/ macOS 10.12.6 - Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar

26 Mar 2020 01:33 #45735 by Richard
This is related to the AI/MP Static LOD changes but I think this is related to the file paths and/or the way that the Nasal is loaded - it's fixed in 2019.2 - if I get a moment I'll see if I can figure out a fix for 2018.3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Algernon

30 Mar 2020 05:09 #45780 by Swamp
Its in the same file path I've always used. I was told it was something to do with LOD changes in FG.No I saw no marker or gliders but they did show up on the RWR which means somewhere FG was loading it. I am using 2019.1.1 @Richard. You should have that memorized by now. ;) I will just go to 2019.2 I was simply sticking with 2019.1.1 as it seemed to work well and living on the edge can be bad while developing planes. If you say its good I'll take your word for it. Thanks for the responses and I'll let you know my outcome.

Steve

30 Mar 2020 05:51 #45781 by Swamp
2019.2 Nightly fixed it.

Time to create page: 0.462 seconds