Help with weather & visability over high grorund

26 Aug 2020 14:37 #47987 by oly2b
I have been following your recent Flightnights on YouTube and I thought I might had a suggestion for a flight.

Following a Gardeners World on Sunday morning, which featured the Drakensberg Mountains in Lesotho, which has a lot of mountains, river valleys etc so I have been trying to create a flight taking some of this scenery in but I am having problems with the visability (seems to be in permanent mist). I have tried changing flight date to their summer, messing with the weather but cannot get a clear day to test the route out without bumping into cum-lo-granit.

I have zipped up the information done to date (routes and Google Earth files).

I thought it could have promise as the film on Gardeners World showed stunning mountains

File Attachment:

File Name: Lesotho.zip
File Size:40 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Aug 2020 15:29 #47989 by StuartC
Have you tried setting the weather manually to "Core high pressure "?

27 Aug 2020 01:11 #47991 by flash
Have you tried changing to different weather presets and then changing back again. Also try debug>Reload Scenery

27 Aug 2020 13:09 #47993 by oly2b
"Core high pressure " tried yesterday which was the same poor visibility (mist/fog) and just tried it today again (more time to play) and today there was a Metar for the start airport and I could see the ground and mountains still a bit hazy but more I could flight the route and avoiding the hill tops.
Disappointed that FXLT Letseng Diamond Mine was not in the scenery, looks impressive in openstreetmap/google earth and the small airfields are also missing.
Fun doing the research and playing with the planning software

27 Aug 2020 18:57 #47999 by sanni
Try out this:

Environment/Weather Conditions/Advanced Settings
and then set 'Air Pollution* to 'clean' and try different settings for
'Max Visibility'.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds