Ongoing BO105 upgrade.

08 Oct 2020 17:43 #48325 by StuartC
The FGUK upgrade of the old FG BO105 is still ongoing, and progressing, slowly but surely.

Eagle12 Supplied us with a restructured interior for the cabin and bare UV maps for the work. Applying textures to the new maps is ongoing, but getting there.

The following user(s) said Thank You: eagle12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Oct 2020 18:14 #48326 by eagle12
I'm losing consciousness. Good boy, Mr. Gary. I give you a hug or better a kiss.
I knew I in the right damn group. I need a drink. What is today thursday or something.

08 Oct 2020 18:20 #48327 by StuartC
Errrr, it was not Gary, it was my feeble attempts.
Which I will gladly hand over to anyone who can do it better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eagle12

08 Oct 2020 20:39 #48328 by thebroons

Any stairway is a stairway to heaven if you’re clumsy enough.
If your shirt isn’t tucked into your pants, your pants are tucked into your shirt.
Your stomach thinks all potatoes are mashed.
Most of the sky is actually below your feet.
The object of golf is to play the least amount of golf.

Attachments:

08 Oct 2020 20:57 #48329 by StuartC
Liveries are just fine Gary. These are all internal texturing bits
The following user(s) said Thank You: thebroons

09 Oct 2020 08:25 #48331 by Avionyx
Gary! do you really think Stuart would do that to you?

Best not answer that one

09 Oct 2020 14:04 #48334 by eagle12

StuartC wrote: Errrr, it was not Gary, it was my feeble attempts.
Which I will gladly hand over to anyone who can do it better.

OK Stu, you want it you get it. :kiss:

10 Oct 2020 11:49 #48338 by geed
eagle what do you say about this idea of mine I had for quite sometime when flying the Bo-105?

The interior textures are quite low res and stretched along the interior surfaces. Due to that they spread stretched and blurred and it does not at all look like the real surface.

What can we do to create a more evenly distributed and high res texture? Could we maybe create a tiled texture that we can scale down so that we get a nice high detail surface? Would we need to change the uv mapping for this?

I would like to start a little test in Blender. Maybe it works well.

Do we have the possibility of layering textures on topic each other in Flightgear? Probably by using those channels provided like lightmap and dirtmap Right?

10 Oct 2020 12:07 #48340 by StuartC
Geed the textures are like that because the way I applied them, which was probably far from the correct way of doing it.
There are copires of eagles templates ( that I havesnt mesed with ) in the Development archive for anyone who wants to try and do it better than I did ( which wont be that difficult )

11 Oct 2020 13:54 #48342 by eagle12
Geed, I believe I made all of the inner shell and all of the new objects (that I created) with a new UV map.
If the textures are stretched a lot then this is because the UV map was not created well (or was changed manually after creating the UV map). A little stretching can occur because it depends on how the structure of the mesh is built up (i.e. how cleanly it was modeled).
Mesh structure and UV map are dependent.

And the size of the UV map (I think there are three with different resolutions) should be enough to apply a nice realistic texture.
Of course, Gary can also double the resolution of the UV map.

In terms of the textures, I think Gary will have great textures in his portfolio.

BTW, I could have textured everything myself. But I think it's great to work in a team. Where one does this and the others does that. That's why I created untextured UV maps.

Time to create page: 1.049 seconds