Remember the Heli tutorial?

01 Mar 2012 14:25 #498 by StuartC
well this guy need a copy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Mar 2012 14:34 #500 by StuartC
So, not to be put off or anything........

01 Mar 2012 15:14 #501 by Avionyx
No, just no.

There's no pioneering spirit of aviation there. No trying to do anything new. Just a cheapskate who's 'piloting' a death-trap.

01 Mar 2012 15:48 #502 by StuartC
Well I have since discoverd that this flying thing is actually produced as a Kit one man Heli.
Wonder why we dont see them in the UK skies...............

01 Mar 2012 15:53 #504 by Avionyx
Perhaps one thing we have to be thankful of the CAA for?

01 Mar 2012 15:59 #505 by StuartC
picture the scene........

Builder-
"Look I have this one man Heli design needing certification "

CAA and H&S reps both keel over in fits of laughter and have to be taken away by ambulance, still laughing.............

I gets worse.
Apparently They dont need a licence to fly that thing over there cos its so light............

So, not only are you a Numpty for buying it and building it, but require no licence or formal training to operate it.............

01 Mar 2012 16:10 #509 by Avionyx
This is America we're talking about right? I think it's in their constitution to be allowed to try and kill themselves and as many others as possible, as long as it's using some inventive method

01 Mar 2012 16:33 #510 by LesterBoffo
The guy in that series of video's died piloting that same helicopter recently, they have a bearing in the tailrotor power belt system that gets pretty hot from the pressure and because it's poorly engineered it will seize.

The late pilot had made a home-made cooling apparatus that wasn't fastened down well and it went into the Glimer belt and destroyed the belt stopping the tail rotor. He wasn't high enough to get it to autorotate, ( if indeed they do at all?..) and was going too fast.

There's a guy who lives fairly close by who owns one of these that has put a small turboshaft engine on his. I'm surprised he hasn't bought the farm already, he's kind of an idiot.

01 Mar 2012 19:52 #519 by Vodoun da Vinci
Good Lord!! :ohmy:

I was gonna say he was the bravest guy ever but I have to agree with Alex...dumb as a sock. Any type of flying is risky but tempting fate in this manner is just stupid.

I can' believe a guy will fly a chopper that has an engine that catches fire that close to a plastic gas tank, Les. :lol:

Only in America do people have enough money that they'd kill themselves in this way. ;)

VooDoo

01 Mar 2012 20:29 #524 by LesterBoffo
The thing that is totally mind blowing, is that he purchased the micro helicopter kit, has spent umpteen thousand on a tiny turboshaft engine conversion, and then made a exhaust deflector out of an old paint can. You should watch the series of his videos, he's the luckiest human alive and he's replacing the turboshaft engine because he's too cheap to have bought an ECU for the engine, he regulates the turboshaft's speed with a needle-valve, when it should ECU governed.

His YT user name should be changed to LarryCanDieHorribly

04 Mar 2012 13:27 #616 by DutchPilotMitchell
Those guys are going to be dead very soon if they keep doing this awesome, but stupid shit.

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds