03 Mar 2012 23:27 #610 by thebroons
A few pics wot I shot..

Attachment 1_2012-03-03.png not found

Attachment 2_2012-03-03.png not found

Attachment 3_2012-03-03.png not found

Attachment 4_2012-03-03.png not found

Attachment 5_2012-03-03.png not found

G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Mar 2012 23:30 #611 by thebroons
And a few more (can only put up 8 /msg - don't have the Uber Powers that Stu has! :woohoo:

G

Attachment 9.png not found

Attachment 10.png not found

Attachment 11.png not found

04 Mar 2012 01:05 #612 by LesterBoffo
Who was that crazy sum(shut your mouth) who flew that P80 like he stole it!

Great shots Gary, thanks.

04 Mar 2012 11:11 #614 by StuartC
Now for my poor collection from last night.

04 Mar 2012 15:21 #617 by Vodoun da Vinci
Nice screenies, mates!! :)

I had an "animal emergency" starting right after our Fun Fly last night...my 5 year old Chocolate Lab "Kody" developed a life threatening gastric torsion and we rushed him to the animal emergency clinic where he was in surgery until about 2 am. :(

As of very early this morning it looks as if he is gonna pull though and be able to come home tomorrow (Monday) but obviously the window of opportunity for me to get video of our trip compiled into a movie is closed.

I didn't get a lot of decent video anyway and any screen shots I can pull from the clips has been well covered already.

I'll catch later in the week or next weekend.

VooDoo

04 Mar 2012 15:34 #618 by StuartC
Not good news Voodoo, hope your poch makes a full and speedy recovery soon.

04 Mar 2012 16:30 - 04 Mar 2012 18:06 #619 by 439Tiger
Yes, man's best friend takes precedence over our hobbies. I do hope he makes a complete recovery. :(

A lab, I though from your old profile picture you had a deer or wolf hound?

04 Mar 2012 18:07 #620 by Vodoun da Vinci
We raised and showed Irish Wolfhounds for almost 20 years but I don't have the disposable income to keep them now. We adopted a chocolate lab from the local kill shelter days before they put him down and he has been my best friend....I never wanted a Labrador. He's a working dog and I'm a giant hound person.

But this Lab swims like a fish and retrieves, points, and plays with every child as if he is their personal friend and bodyguard. :)

He's been a beautiful creature and the most natural athelete I have ever seen. We adopted my Father in Laws miniature Australian Shepherd after he passed away last Spring and Kody adopted him as his little brother without question.

I have met few people in life as good as that dog - hopefully he'll be home this evening or tomorrow. We called a few minutes ago and while he is not "out of the woods" he seems to be recovering and the surgeon said she didn't see any serious necrotic tissue when she was in there.

So he has an 85% chance of making a full recovery so I guess I can get some sleep.

VooDoo

05 Mar 2012 02:05 #621 by 439Tiger
My thoughts are with you, we love our little buddies a lot, don't we?

Working, Sporting and Herding breeds were developed to work with humans, we just love our Shetland Sheepdog, Winston. He's our second, the first, Duncan which we had for ten years, passed away 3 years ago when his spleen ruptured from cancer and it still pains me now. You talk to them and they way they look at you, they understand! We have to spell some words around him, and truth be told, he's stating to know what we're spelling. :ohmy:

They don't call them man best friend for nothing :)

05 Mar 2012 02:29 #622 by LesterBoffo
Wishing the best for your dear friend VooDoo our thoughts are with you and your pup.

05 Mar 2012 11:59 #627 by Vodoun da Vinci
Thanks for the good thoughts....went to the animal Emergency clinic last evening about 8 PM with some of his regular food as they have been anable to get him to eat anything...which is not surprising. The pulled my appendix out of me after it ruptured and I wasn't really interested in food for about 3 or 4 days after that.

He was up and about last evening and more interested in going outside to relieve himself than in food or water. Still has an IV in his leg and looks like he has been on a 3 day drunk. ;)

We have to get him out of the Emergency Clinic by 7:30 this morning and either take him to our regular vet for continued care or bring him home. I'm thinking he will probably do as well at home if we can get him to drink and eat a little.

And of course we are in emergency mode at work this morning so this should be interesting. :lol:

My Wife is working from home so if we can get him picked up and home I can get to work and get to dealing with "The Screamers" by about 8 am. If not they are gonna find out what happens when I call in sick/can't come in for the first time ever.

Fingers crossed. :)

VooDoo

Time to create page: 0.328 seconds