Bf108 Taifun

19 Apr 2020 10:40 #45982 by geed
If, and only if you really like to put it up to the cloud, I would try to either model some additional devices and attachments like those fabrics in the cockpit and such (using the cloth modifier from blender) and give you a hand with coding nether needed bits for the engine modeling like oil temperature and pressure or fuel flow and such. It seems to be important as the manual talks about all that in its preocedures like Before Takeoff, After Takeoff, Engine Runup and such

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Apr 2020 14:35 #45990 by Vodoun da Vinci
I'll have a version for you this afternoon...perhaps by 8ish Deusch. I'm thrilled with it but the FDM is embarrassing and vexing me. When I get cruise and top speeds correct it gets floaty and stupid on the ground handling.

But it's getting better and by the afternoon here I'll have one up in Dev and we can play and discuss. I think wanting extreme detail about exact flight characteristics like engine run up and RPM and fuel consumption and flap characteristics is not possible in YaSim to the extent you'd like but you are welcome to try that if you wish.

I just want this one released so we can use it in FlightNight Adventures ASAP.

VooDoo

19 Apr 2020 16:33 - 19 Apr 2020 16:34 #45991 by Vodoun da Vinci
OK...she's there. In daVinci Aircraft - daVinci_Bf-108_Taifun. IO'm pretty happy with it but then again I fly with a mouse so....

Geed, I'll not make any more changes (and I suggest everybody interested *not* make changes) until Geed is finished and uploaded his fixes. I don't want to make changes to something someone else is already making changes on so we don't get confused.

A little stick forward on the take off run, stay straight with a little rudder and differential braking. Trim and reduce RPM to 2400/climb out at 1100 FPM. Approach at 100 KIAS final at 80-90 full flaps and a little throttle to keep her on target.

She's floaty until you slow her down and wants to take back off unless you wind the prop with coarse pitch to tell her "No!". I lift flaps when she's on her landing roll. Fly it and let me know please.

VooDoo

19 Apr 2020 16:46 #45992 by geed
I'll test fly her tonight before we go and record our video.

Will you be there tonight?

19 Apr 2020 16:58 #45993 by Vodoun da Vinci
What video and where?

VooDoo

19 Apr 2020 17:28 - 19 Apr 2020 17:30 #45994 by geed
8pm we will start recording our new promo video about the Merlin :)

Where... hmmmm dunno yet. I guess somewhere close to the water, because we want to activate an AI scenario with naval vessels so that we can have some cool camera angles.

You wanna come? :)

19 Apr 2020 17:39 #45995 by Vodoun da Vinci
I'll be there!

VooDoo

20 Apr 2020 12:50 #46000 by Vodoun da Vinci
Super thanks for the help in shaking down the Taifun, Geed! :kiss:

Super thanks to Stuart for help with .Set stuff and FDM guidance! I'll gte the final changes made and we'll try and get this released this week!

VooDoo
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avionyx, geed

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds