Greetings to New Registers!!

18 Apr 2012 23:59 #1528 by Trez
Thanks for the compliment!

And i didn't get any PM should i still get that?

I hope to see you saturday!

Happy flying

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Apr 2012 00:06 #1529 by Vodoun da Vinci
No...you don't need a Welcome PM asking you to please post an introduction as you have taken the initiative to integrate yourself into the community via an introduction. :)

I'm stunned and pleased and again welcome you to the community..have fun and share as much as you are comfortable with!! ;)

Welcome!

VooDoo

27 Jul 2012 20:38 #3081 by jano
hi there, back after the last forum shutdown.

jano, from France.

like real close formation flight :)

jano

27 Jul 2012 20:56 #3082 by StuartC
Greetings and welcome Back...

28 Jul 2012 02:48 #3092 by Vodoun da Vinci
I like real close formation flights as well... :)

Preferably done at high altitude and fast, fast, fast. :woohoo:

Welcome back, Jano!

VooDoo

29 Jul 2012 09:28 #3105 by DutchPilotMitchell
I'd rather do the close formation at low altititude and high speed voodoo :woohoo:

29 Jul 2012 10:14 #3108 by jano
and for me it's low altitude and moderate speed (say 300-400 kts) but in canyons :).

jano

29 Jul 2012 10:37 #3110 by StuartC
low level, in the Mach 1 regions sub 250 ft...........

29 Sep 2012 10:24 #3978 by mkw2413
Hi there. Saw info re Flight Gear on Google and thought I would give it a try. Been using MS Flight Simulator for many years and thought I would try something new that is evolving with the times. Will see how it goes. Off to see what else is on the forums. Nice to meet you all

29 Sep 2012 10:52 #3979 by StuartC
Hi and welcome.
I hope you find something in flight gear that floats your boat for you.
Theres a couple of things to remember with flight gear-
Its constantly evolving.
Its always a work in progress.
If an aircraft doesnt look right or do what its supposed to, it can be fixed easily.

08 Jan 2013 19:38 #6228 by jus
Hi all, im jus, i fly as HTFC. Iv downloaded some of the fguk aircraft in the past and i would like to say thanks for sharing, your aircraft are realy cool. I particularly like the F-23c, its performance is outrageous! I aint registered earlier because i dont have the skills to contribute much as yet. But i was chatting to G-ALGY and he said he had some problems with installing fg on a linux system, which i may be able to help with. Anyway, thanks again for sharing the aircraft, and i would love to join in a fly-in in the near future. See ya soon

08 Jan 2013 19:59 #6229 by StuartC
Hi and welcome to FGUK.
You dont need to be able to contribute to the projects to be here, thats not what its all about. Its about the flying, the discussions, the fun.
Building, modifying and contributing to the aircraft is something that some of us also enjoy, its not a requirement.
Keep an eye on our Saturday flying sub forum for up coming flights.

08 Jan 2013 21:53 #6231 by Vodoun da Vinci
Welcome, Jus!! :)

Like Stuart says, it's cool to have "development skills" but it's not essential here. The most important things at FGUK are feeling being a part of this cool community and flying and enjoying FGKS, the custom FGUK aircraft, and the company and cameraderie here at the forum and in the air over MP! ;)

The most important contribution is to be having fun and feeling at home! :lol:

VooDoo

10 Jan 2013 18:01 #6278 by Algernon
Hello and welcome! :)

Nice to see you here on the forum after chatting in game. Yep, we're much more than just about development - in fact, it's the flying and the fun which are our number one priorities here at FGUK. Hope to see you in company one Saturday!

08 Jun 2013 22:07 #9661 by Tomaskom
Hi everyone!
I've been joining you for Saturday flights for some time already (OK-TomK), but it took its time to get a working account. ;)
So let me shortly introduce myself. I study applied physics, love science in general as well as computer simulations and computers themselves. I use Linux (openSUSE) and run FG on it.
My hardware is not very good when it comes to graphics (Intel HD), it's more like a workstation laptop. Therefore I'm quite skilled at low fps flying :lol:

When in FlightGear, I like pushing aircraft beyond its limits and doing some very low very fast passes (eg. Algy can tell you something about it as he was a victim recently, now with the MP sound :silly: ).
My favorite aircraft are L-39 Albatros (big thanks to anyone who did the Czech livery!), the upcoming Eurofighter, Sea Vixen and Gloster Meteor. And of course Victor when it comes to bigger ones :).
See you soon!

PS: I'm not developing any aircraft (lack of time), but I can help at any time with intensive testing ;)

22 Mar 2015 14:51 #22216 by Warty
I suppose I should have found this topic earlier - better late than never? I'm retired now and living in Spain - though nowhere near old enough to draw a state pension yet :) I'm starting to look into the models/scenery aspects of FG, as there do seem to be some gaps needing filling. Looking like it will take a while to get my head round this. My connection with real-world aviation is that (many, many years ago) I had a PPL (C150) and was also an avionics tech (working on Scout, Gazelle and Lynx for the Army and Royal Marines). Be glad to help with any related matters - just ask.

Mac 10.14.1 Mojave, FG 2018.3.5
The following user(s) said Thank You: Algernon

22 Mar 2015 15:23 #22218 by Vodoun da Vinci
Welcome to the Mad House, Warty! :)

VooDoo

22 Mar 2015 15:40 #22223 by StuartC
Welcome.

22 Mar 2015 15:42 #22224 by Algernon
Welcome, and thanks - I can imagine a few technical questions might come your way... :)

22 Mar 2015 22:14 #22230 by Neilson
Welcome :)

I can help with some scenery aspects like, Models and Procedural texturing.

wiki.flightgear.org/Procedural_Texturing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warty

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds