Hello everyone!

31 Aug 2014 18:43 #17549 by J Maverick 16
Good Day FGUK!
I'm J Maverick 16, and I'm using FlightGear since July 2012 and I love it.
I come from Italy where I usually fly and do ATC at LIPA (air base that I'm developping) and LIPQ. I'm registered on the international forum, the FlightGear Italia forum, the Wiki and finally also on FGUK. B)
I'm also the CEO of the Northern-Italy ATC Controlled Area (NIATCA). I use a lot FGUK's aircrafts especially military fighters. ;)
Here in the UK I do ATC (usually on Tuesdays) at EGVA, EGUL and EGUN; I've also got the custom scenery of EGOD, (and I know how much it costs operating there, even for a landing!). Maybe now that I'm on FGUK it will be free, but I don't want to dream too much.
I think that now you know all of me, see you in air then! :P
Cheers, Maverick

Breakin' the sound barrier every day!
Oh God, that's EGOD!

FG 2020.3.1 - iMac 27" (Mid 2010) w/ macOS 10.12.6 - Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Aug 2014 18:59 #17550 by StuartC
Hi Mav, welcome.
See the Secretary in the office to settle you landing fee bill please.

31 Aug 2014 20:06 #17553 by J Maverick 16

StuartC wrote: Hi Mav, welcome.
See the Secretary in the office to settle you landing fee bill please.

This is pure English humor! Ahah, still with the fees... I've asked around and now I know that you have got a good sense of humor. ;)
Cheers, Maverick

Oh God, that's EGOD!

FG 2020.3.1 - iMac 27" (Mid 2010) w/ macOS 10.12.6 - Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar

31 Aug 2014 20:11 #17555 by Algernon

J Maverick 16 wrote: This is pure English humor! Ahah, still with the fees... I've asked around and now I know that you have got a good sense of humor. ;)

You will have you get used to quite a lot of that if you hang out here :)

31 Aug 2014 20:11 #17556 by Neilson
Hello and welcome :)

01 Sep 2014 09:27 #17569 by Algernon

J Maverick 16 wrote: Here in the UK I do ATC (usually on Tuesdays) at EGVA, EGUL and EGUN; I've also got the custom scenery of EGOD, (and I know how much it costs operating there, even for a landing!).

I particularly like EGUL and EGUN as airfields, I used to be driven past them often as a kid, staring out looking for aircraft. Saw the SR-71 taking off from Mildenhall which was obviously beat the lot!

If you're into ATC, you might be interested in how we do it at FGUK (which is rarely). We're very fortunate to have an actual RAF controller in our midst and we've experimented with operating aircraft under military (i.e. minimal) control before now, which most people seemed to enjoy as it's rather different to being under civilian control. Once Dave has some more time on his hands, I'm hoping for another Sunday night ATC session :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: J Maverick 16

01 Sep 2014 10:33 #17571 by Avionyx
Hi Mav,

Welcome to the FGUK Forums. Seen you about on the main forums but it's good to have you over here too.
Do you guys at NIATCA have charts available for those of us wishing to fly over?

Alex

01 Sep 2014 11:50 #17577 by thebroons
Hey Mav,

Welcome to the MadHouse :woohoo:

;)

Gary aka N-SCOT

Any stairway is a stairway to heaven if you’re clumsy enough.
If your shirt isn’t tucked into your pants, your pants are tucked into your shirt.
Your stomach thinks all potatoes are mashed.
Most of the sky is actually below your feet.
The object of golf is to play the least amount of golf.

01 Sep 2014 12:37 - 01 Sep 2014 12:55 #17580 by J Maverick 16

Algernon wrote: I particularly like EGUL and EGUN as airfields, I used to be driven past them often as a kid, staring out looking for aircraft. Saw the SR-71 taking off from Mildenhall which was obviously beat the lot!

You were very lucky to see a Blackbird taking-off! Noisy, isn't it?

Algernon wrote: If you're into ATC, you might be interested in how we do it at FGUK (which is rarely). We're very fortunate to have an actual RAF controller in our midst and we've experimented with operating aircraft under military (i.e. minimal) control before now, which most people seemed to enjoy as it's rather different to being under civilian control. Once Dave has some more time on his hands, I'm hoping for another Sunday night ATC session :)

Well, doing ATC in military airports it's quite different and also better sometimes than civilian airports, you have to consider that a fighter is smaller and faster of a 777 so it can descend quickly but need a TAS higher to land. You have to think quickly to gave instructions faster and you have to inform airliners not to land there, ecc.
Tomorrow I'll going to do ATC at EGUN and EGUL, if someone is interested to come, Lenny's websites has got everything. I'd be proud to do ATC during FGUK's events as well (when I'm free of course ;) ).
I've got a question: is there a "multiquote" option in the forum, so I can answer in a post to everybody? :P
Cheers, Maverick

Oh God, that's EGOD!

01 Sep 2014 12:55 #17581 by J Maverick 16

Avionyx wrote: Hi Mav,
Welcome to the FGUK Forums. Seen you about on the main forums but it's good to have you over here too.

Thanks Alex :)

Avionyx wrote: Do you guys at NIATCA have charts available for those of us wishing to fly over?
Alex

You can find out something in the NIATCA Google+ page but you also can ask to us during the flight. LIPA charts are available on FGWiki, but you won't do any fly over there: ATC guidance and controlled airspaces are NIATCA's jobs. ;)
Cheers, Maverick

Oh God, that's EGOD!

01 Sep 2014 13:52 #17586 by Vodoun da Vinci
Welcome, Maverick! :)

Yes...some of these guys have a "strange" sense of humor and you should definitely look out for them. Stuart, Algernon, Alex, RAFDave, Neilson, Gary (The Broons) Tom, and most all of them have a distinctly odd way of looking at reality.

Trust VooDoo to set it straight every time and you'll be well on the path. ;)

:blink:

:woohoo:

VooDoo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pip K

01 Sep 2014 15:43 #17590 by J Maverick 16

Vodoun da Vinci wrote: Welcome, Maverick! :)
Stuart, Algernon, Alex, RAFDave, Neilson, Gary (The Broons) Tom, and most all of them have a distinctly odd way of looking at reality.

In that case, I've made friends with the wrong side of FGUK... :( Never mind, me either have got a good sense of humor (it depends on the day :P ).
Nice to meet you by the way ;).
Cheers, Maverick

Oh God, that's EGOD!

01 Sep 2014 17:19 #17591 by Tomaskom

J Maverick 16 wrote: I've got a question: is there a "multiquote" option in the forum, so I can answer in a post to everybody? :P

The easiest way is to open all the messages separately as quoted in separate panels/tabs in your browser and then put the quoted text in as you wish ;)

"There are no problems in the air. The only problem is hitting the ground."

01 Sep 2014 18:41 #17596 by J Maverick 16

Tomaskom wrote: The easiest way is to open all the messages separately as quoted in separate panels/tabs in your browser and then put the quoted text in as you wish ;)

Copy, thanks, I'll do this way.
Regards, Maverick

Oh God, that's EGOD!

03 Sep 2014 16:52 #17651 by Rafdave
Welcome Maverick to what is undoubtedly a MADHOUSE!! (cheers voodoo :ohmy: :whistle: )

I'm sure I've popped into Aviano on a few occasions while you've been controlling. The biggest thing about Military ATC is that for the most part your there to keep aircraft safe and organised. However, at the same time allowing the military as much freedom to do whatever he wants even within controlled airspace. There is nothing worse to a Military pilot (especially Fastjet) than being over controlled and told exactly what to do and when to turn. There are absolutely situations when this has to be done but it should be the exception rather than the norm (unless requested). If your interested in finding out more then we definitely need a catch up on TS.

Algernon wrote: Once Dave has some more time on his hands, I'm hoping for another Sunday night ATC session :)

That is absolutely the intention! I was thinking Sun 28th Sep. That's the only date I can guarantee being around unfortunately.
We might even manage to do it with 2 controllers now as well ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: J Maverick 16

03 Sep 2014 16:59 #17653 by Algernon
Coolio! I'll check that date out at work tomorrow. As FGUK admin with responsibility for all things ATC, Dave can deliver :)

01 Sep 2015 11:20 #25404 by J Maverick 16
Dunno if I can re-use this topic (don't want to open a new one) to say ya all that yesterday was a year since I'm in FGUK!
I must say I had a really good time flying with you and also on the forum. I've learned loads of things I've never known and really enjoyed what you guys do for the FG community which is a lot and not alsways remembered by other users (that's my opinion). I'll never thank you enough for what I've passed/learned/made etc. in a year in this forum and in virtual skies. ;) I also hope to have contributed a little to what you (we) do and I hope to help more if needed in future.

This couldn't have been possible without an F-18D, EGOD custom scenery, me posting a pic of landing there, Stuart who told I had to pay £500 as landing fee on the international forum and me joining FGUK to "avoid" paying fees every time I land/operate there. :woohoo: It all started from there...

Today starts a new day and I hope that within 365 days it'll be even better! ;)
Cheers, Mav

PS: (OT) Tomorrow I'm returning to Aviano AB, hoping to see more than last time; be prepared for pics and videos! ;)

Oh God, that's EGOD!

01 Sep 2015 11:24 #25405 by StuartC
That reminds me, you never settled that landing fee bill...............
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodoun da Vinci

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds