AS332L2/ AS 532 Cougar now available.

11 Nov 2020 12:46 #48759 by StuartC

DOWNLOAD:- www.fguk.me/hangar/rotary/download/13-ro...as332l2-as532-cougar

Eurocopter AS 332L2/532

The Eurocopter AS532 Cougar (now Airbus Helicopters H215M) is a twin-engine, medium-weight, multipurpose helicopter developed by France. The AS532 is a development and upgrade of the Aérospatiale SA 330 Puma in its militarized form. Its civilian counterpart is the Eurocopter AS332 Super Puma.

Suitable for FG versions 2017+

Flight Notes
The FDM has been test flown and tested by an actual AS532 pilot who gave it a big thumbs up ( 90% accurate )
The Cougar, in Basic form, Requires Right Pedal and Cyclic at 7pm position. Large Stick movements are not recommended.
There is a payload option to simulate long line use to the Cougars stated 10000lb hook capacity.
If you set this to Maximum the flight characteristics will change dramatically. You will require Large left cyclic inputs to take off/hover. Expect all performance values to degrade.
Take note that the Maximum specified take off weight is 9000kg / 19842lb. Exceed that at your peril.

Compatible with the Cargo Towing addon ( separate download ). :- github.com/wlbragg/Cargo-Towing-Addon

RELEASE NOTES:-

V1.0

Initial Public release.

90% Accurate FDM

7 Configuration options.

15 Liveries.

Multiplayer crew/ Passenger function.

ALS Glass and fuselage effects with livery specific reflection levels.

Rotor wash on grass effects.

Functional Winch man.

Search and Recovery function for recovering other downed choppers over Multiplater ( just for fun ).

More function and detail to be added in future releases,
The following user(s) said Thank You: thebroons, Avionyx, Porcius, geed, J Maverick 16, sanni, Warty, timi, eagle12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Nov 2020 14:48 #48760 by Avionyx
Great stuff Stuart, I think people are going to like this one.

11 Nov 2020 17:55 #48762 by geed
Such a nice one!
The following user(s) said Thank You: StuartC

11 Nov 2020 18:20 #48763 by eagle12
Nice job !!! Looks great. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: StuartC

12 Nov 2020 00:27 #48769 by thebroons
Unfortunately, I've not got it loaded, far less off the ground.

Binned my old one before loading AS532 folder into my hangar. Have tried now 8 times to get it loaded. The failure is a little odd however.

Attempt 1,2,3 - loading up to KMKE, Flightgear crashes before loading is done. Multiplayer on.
Attempt 4, 5 - loading up to KLAL, Flightgear completes loading enough for me to see airport, then irretrievably freezes some 4-6 seconds in. Multiplayer on.
Attempt 6 - loading up to PHNL, Flightgear crashes before loading is done. Multiplayer on.
Attempt 7 - loading up to PHNL, Flightgear crashes before loading is done. Multiplayer off.
Attempt 8 - loading up to KLAL, Flightgear completes loading enough for me to see airport, then irretrievably freezes some 4-6 seconds in. Multiplayer off.

I'm not tackling it again until I've had a good think and a good drink!

The jumping to different airports is because I had this exact issue (but lesser in impact) with another chopper somewhat recently. I think it might be the Westland Apache. I had FG crash before last Flightnight repeatedly on entering the sim at KLAX. I did get it to load somewhere else I think, which is why I did the airport changes here. Just having a WAG. Anyone experiencing any weirdness?

G

Any stairway is a stairway to heaven if you’re clumsy enough.
If your shirt isn’t tucked into your pants, your pants are tucked into your shirt.
Your stomach thinks all potatoes are mashed.
Most of the sky is actually below your feet.
The object of golf is to play the least amount of golf.

12 Nov 2020 08:05 #48770 by Avionyx
Not seen the strangeness with the Cougar but I have had several airports recently where they simply won't load using *most* aircraft.

It was giving me issues for the first 25 mins of flightnight last Saturday and trying to spawn at the halfway point (after having a FG crash on landing) saw the same thing so in the end I gave up.

I've just tried KMKE for you but although it didn't load in the Cougar (stuck on Scenery Loading) It get exactly the same using the 'Default' C172P

I've only had this since switching to the new FG (2020.3.2) , anyone else getting it on different versions?

12 Nov 2020 08:48 #48773 by enrogue
Not having any issues at KMKE with anything right now - I don't have terrasync enabled though

AS532 looks & flies nice - am seeing a slight difference between the gdrive & public download version though - no thumbnail shown in the public download version

looking at the directory list there are lots more differences

12 Nov 2020 09:53 #48774 by StuartC
G drive one is now obsolete and It should be deleted. Public version has some excess junk removed etc. Any future changes should use the public version as the initial build.

12 Nov 2020 15:24 #48780 by thebroons
Dug in a bit more - several aircraft don't load up but freeze / lock FG irretrievably. Variable - some airports are OK, some not. Some models OK, some not. Multiplayer setting doesn't appear to be a factor.

I'm running the Mac version of fgfs 2020.1.2 I've DLd the newest one - just haven't gotten around to installing it yet.

G

Any stairway is a stairway to heaven if you’re clumsy enough.
If your shirt isn’t tucked into your pants, your pants are tucked into your shirt.
Your stomach thinks all potatoes are mashed.
Most of the sky is actually below your feet.
The object of golf is to play the least amount of golf.

12 Nov 2020 17:12 - 12 Nov 2020 17:20 #48781 by enrogue
Not seeing any issues on macOS, but then again, not seeing any issues on Linux either - neither have Terrasync enabled (I have the whole world scenery on my NAS) but both have MP enabled

I'm wondering if there are DNS issues...

12 Nov 2020 20:33 #48782 by flash
No problems on Ubuntu linux. See? It loads ok and then I flew around and (naturally) crashed :cheer:
Attachments:

13 Nov 2020 14:26 #48787 by eagle12
Flash, why are you so different ?

13 Nov 2020 17:03 #48792 by StuartC
Hes Flash. He will save every one of us......................
The following user(s) said Thank You: enrogue, eagle12

13 Nov 2020 18:40 #48793 by enrogue
Aaah ahhhhh!

13 Nov 2020 19:25 #48794 by eagle12
He is so funny. He flew around and crashed.
Everytime I see this image I must....laugh.:lol:

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds