Saturday 18th January - Reclaiming the Bay

14 Jan 2020 23:42 #44412 by Algernon

For this week's flight, we'll be enjoying a bit of FlightGear scenery that, for years, was pretty much off limits on account of the potential for dickheads - the traditional landing zone for those who hadn't figured out how to use the launcher, the inaugural home of some guy called CALLSIG... San Francisco International Airport. Now that new versions of FlightGear use different default airports, KSFO is ours to enjoy without excessive levels of pillockry to contend with - presumably it'll just be the normal amount.

This flight will essentially be what we call a free swim - no destination, no flight plan, no aircraft selection rules except for the standing regulations regarding aircraft from our hangar. If you don't know what this is, ask or take a look back through other threads in this subforum. The primary objective is to have fun - to this end, I'll be trying to arrange at least one naval vessel in the Bay area for fighter, VSTOL and helicopter recovery and launch.

As usual, we'll be streaming live video. I'm happy to take this one, so that the usual camera people can have a break and just enjoy the flying, although if somebody wanted to split it down the middle and take one of the hours, so that I also get a chance to fly, that would be appreciated.

Time and weather data will be given on the night, unless I get a chance to create a scenario which handles this for us. I'll be aiming to get a nice pretty sunset over the Pacific and have the final landing and photocall happen at dusk.

More information if and when I think of it. As usual, if you're planning to bring something from our hangar that isn't often chosen, please let us know in this thread so we can download in advance. If you're thinking of bringing something that isn't in our hangar... think again.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: StuartC, thebroons, Avionyx, Vodoun da Vinci, geed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jan 2020 15:15 #44467 by StuartC
probably looking unlikely that i can attend due to ungoing Ned issues this week.

18 Jan 2020 15:21 #44468 by Algernon
Roger that. In that case I will double check I can make the video stream work now, in case I need advice before tonight...

18 Jan 2020 15:27 #44469 by Algernon
I'm good to go on the video- event created and stream tested - assuming VooDoo is happy to get some stick time in for this one, with me in the vid assistant...?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodoun da Vinci

18 Jan 2020 15:37 #44470 by StuartC
I have a standard video stream already configured on the channel.

18 Jan 2020 15:46 #44471 by Algernon
I guess that's what it offered me? I just clicked "Go live" then scheduled a transmission. Do I need to go back and change owt?

18 Jan 2020 16:07 #44472 by Vodoun da Vinci
Go for it, Algy!

VooDoo

18 Jan 2020 16:45 #44473 by StuartC
no Algy, I reset it,. just click go live.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Algernon

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds