FlightNight for April 18th - Enjoy the view!

04 Apr 2020 21:14 - 15 Apr 2020 19:40 #45842 by geed

Enjoy the View!

This one will be a classic - we will take small turbo prop aircraft and enjoy a nice, allthough slow, flight into the Alps.

Part 1

We will takeoff from Valence-Chabeuil in France and fly over beautiful mountain ridges and valleys towards LFKK and constantly climb to safety altitude. Heading North we will dive back into a valley surrounded by mountain ranges and overfly LFLG. The last leg will lead us towards Albertville (LFKA) where we will have our five minute break.

skyvector.com/?ll=45.265479422862974,5.7...20LFLG%20LFKA%20LFKA

Part 2

This time we will takeoff from LFKA and fly towards Megeve (LFHM) for a nice view onto the Mount Blanc. From there will will take a short detour into the eastern valley to fly along the enourmous mountain ridge of Mont Blanc towards North to finally swing around East towards LFHZ. This detour will lead over a ridgeline we have to overfly so we need to climb rapidly here.
Then we follow the valley towards Annemasse (LFLI) and Geneve (LSGG). The last leg will lead us towards our final destination Lausanne (LSGL). As a nice final view point we will overfly the Lake Geneve.

skyvector.com/?ll=46.12960192071995,6.70...20LFLI%20LSGG%20LSGL

Flight Settings

Weather setting will be High Pressure.
Time will be Noon.
Altitudes will be announced by me (I will also select altitudes during the flight, please follow me here)
Speed will be 100kts

Aircraft

We will limit this flight to small turbo prop planes. Please choose a plane, that allows you to maintain 100kts also in a steep climb. Please choose a plane from the FGUK hangar preferrably.

I will fly the PC-9M

If you choose a plane of another hangar, please announce it here before Friday, 17th!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodoun da Vinci

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Apr 2020 14:40 #45853 by Vodoun da Vinci
Hey Carsten, I put the Arado Ar79B you were looking for in the daVinci Aircraft folder in Dev.

Cheers!

VooDoo

08 Apr 2020 17:36 #45888 by geed
Yeehaa! Thanks a lot for that!

I’ll check it out on friday. It’s Easter Friday and I will finally have some time again hehe

17 Apr 2020 18:01 #45954 by Oswald
Hi Geed, I only saw the thread tonight. Would it be okay if I take the Pilatus PC 6? I like the aircraft, turboprop, steep climbs, max cruise about 120 kias.

Download with only about 3 MB from FGAddon.

CU tomorrow!

Oswald

18 Apr 2020 11:06 - 18 Apr 2020 11:07 #45969 by geed
Hey Ossy, yeah absolutely!

Here‘s the wiki page: wiki.flightgear.org/Pilatus_PC-6_Porter

18 Apr 2020 18:18 #45975 by geed
Quick, late one! I've added the routes for the route manager to the cloud.

Hre's the link.

drive.google.com/open?id=10YOyBkHE1jaKNAxfgsxsrP23rc6VPezJ

Time to create page: 0.477 seconds