FlightNight April 25, 2020: Operation Stir Fly

17 Apr 2020 20:08 - 25 Apr 2020 18:26 #45960 by thebroons
I'm grabbing this slot! And here we go...

We will be conducting a PRC / PLAAF deterrence flight / mission. We'll be starting near Luzon in the Philippines, flying across the island chain dividing the South China Sea from the Philippine Sea. We will drop in on Taiwan for a break, and then continue east along the island chain dividing the East China Sea from the Philippine Sea to Osaka, Japan.

Mission Specs:

MUST be from FGUK Hangar
Should be capable of 600 kts GS at altitudes up to FL300
All comms will be on TeamSpeak
Meet at or approximating Runway 02R
Time will be DAWN
Weather will be Border of a High Pressure Area

We will be departing SHARPLY at 8PM U.K. time. The total distance will be around 940 nm, so make sure that you pack enough Jet Juice for the flight. We're flying over some for the world's deepest waters, so don't be hitting the drink (with aircraft only). :lol:

Breakdown of Waypoints

RPLC - Clark Air Base, Luzon, Philippines
RPUO - Basco, Philippines  325nm
RCDC - Pingtung South, Taiwan  158nm  BREAK
RORH - Hataruma, Japan  202nm
RORS - Simojishima, Japan  87nm
ROKR - Kerama, Japan  141nm
ROTM - MCAS Futenma, Japan  28nm

Total around 940nm

Might do an edit to throw up a route manager file. If y'all are lucky that is...

Guess ye wiz lucky...
drive.google.com/file/d/1290owBj_4gxHdPQ...fEZ/view?usp=sharing

Hah!

G

Any stairway is a stairway to heaven if you’re clumsy enough.
If your shirt isn’t tucked into your pants, your pants are tucked into your shirt.
Your stomach thinks all potatoes are mashed.
Most of the sky is actually below your feet.
The object of golf is to play the least amount of golf.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodoun da Vinci, Porcius, enrogue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Apr 2020 21:43 #45964 by enrogue
Gives me a target to get the F-5E MP stuff done by...

19 Apr 2020 12:05 #45985 by eagle12
Hi Gary,
I see it, the rules.....yes the rules. I had so many rules in my live, let me fly free with this kind of beast, come on man give me a go my friend, that you can see me.

What can I do, do you want flowers? Oh no thats not going.:S

https://github.com/hardba11/bourrasque

Attachments:

19 Apr 2020 12:16 #45986 by StuartC
Thats a nice bird but its FDM is not so nice.

19 Apr 2020 12:41 #45987 by eagle12
You would surely be right, because I have no idea about realistic FDMs, but it flies well.
This is the latest version. Try it.

The controls are a bit different, thrust is 9 and 3, elevator is click and hold the left mouse key.

19 Apr 2020 14:04 #45988 by enrogue
It has nice avionics & a nice model, but the FDM is from an F-18 or F-15 yasim & it has a nasal flight control system without damping (nasal isn't recommended for FCS as it runs at frame rate)

I have an improved version of it's FCS in the Mako, but I'm intending on ripping it out completely & using the autopilot based from one from the Mirage 2000 (in GIT - hardba11 is also one of the main contributors to the M2000-5)

On the TODO list (after the F-5E I guess)
The following user(s) said Thank You: StuartC

20 Apr 2020 12:48 #45999 by inexel0853
Hello Gary

Please notice that on my FG screen ROTM Runway is not displayed properly (ground and trees appear). Should it be the same to you, wouldn't be wise to propose another final destination?

BR

F-LCAS

20 Apr 2020 15:36 #46001 by StuartC
Dodging the trees on lading is part of the challenge.

20 Apr 2020 16:43 #46004 by Vodoun da Vinci
If I can get the daVinci_SU-34 released this week can I bring it?

VooDoo

20 Apr 2020 16:57 #46005 by J Maverick 16

Vodoun da Vinci wrote: If I can get the daVinci_SU-34 released this week can I bring it?

Can I bring it as well if it gets done?
Mav

Breakin' the sound barrier every day!
Oh God, that's EGOD!

FG 2020.1.1 - iMac 27" (Mid 2010) w/ macOS 10.12.6 - Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar

21 Apr 2020 23:09 #46013 by Vodoun da Vinci
It's done well enough. Gary, legal or not if I release tomorrow?

Mav - you might want to fly it before you assume it suits you. We have like 6 livs in it so fly it when it's released and decide if you want to fly it. I need to take this time to reiterate that "daVinci" designated aircraft are designed (deliberately) to be "VooDoo Tuned" and are not, under any circumstances, to be misconstrued as "perfect" or "by the book". Numbers mean jack shit to me. My aircraft are designed and constructed to be "credible" and to fly within parameters that are "credible" and I'm not amused nor concerned if someone feels threatened by the fact that my aircraft are not "perfect" by someone else's evaluation of what they "expect".

If one wants to compare my attempts to the real thing they will likely be disappointed *but* they are certainly welcome to snatch it, piss on it, and re release it as theirs after dropping a perfectly un flyable FDM in it and editing the .set file to reflect the fact that they are now the primary Developer and that it is now "Their" airplane and contribution.

I have shit loads of these from Private Jets to Warbirds and as I'm unemployed. depressed, and manic, I'll be releasing at least one of these per week for the near future. Feel free to grab it and fly it and hack it in any way you deem fit. Just change the name. Please.

And Thank You! :)

VooDoo
The following user(s) said Thank You: enrogue, J Maverick 16

21 Apr 2020 23:19 - 21 Apr 2020 23:19 #46014 by thebroons
Alright alright!

By special request, the Sukhoi and Bourrasque will be admitted. But that's all folks!!

;)

G

If your shirt isn’t tucked into your pants, your pants are tucked into your shirt.

The following user(s) said Thank You: J Maverick 16

22 Apr 2020 07:50 #46016 by J Maverick 16

Vodoun da Vinci wrote: Mav - you might want to fly it before you assume it suits you. We have like 6 livs in it so fly it when it's released and decide if you want to fly it.

Bruh.
I've been waiting on this one being in FG for quite a while, doesn't matter if it's your standard, my standard or somebody else's standard. If it gets ready to be used in time and I'm allowed to bring it along, which apparently I am, there's gonna be a two-ship formation of badass Fullbacks buzzing around for a couple of hours on Saturday.
Mav

Oh God, that's EGOD!

FG 2020.1.1 - iMac 27" (Mid 2010) w/ macOS 10.12.6 - Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar

22 Apr 2020 12:57 #46024 by eagle12
I also find the SU-34 very cool, I will fly it another time, stay with the
Bourrasque = Excitement
and thumbs up for Gary.

This will look absolutely spectacular VooDoo and Mav in SU-34 and I in the Bourrasque. I'm curious what the other pilots will bring. I am looking forward to Saturday

I would like to say hey guys you absolutely have a crazy gap in your brain plane here plane there that is not normal and I am afraid I have the same thing.

I can remember how it all started ........ I was 8 years old and came from school and had missed the school bus and the haters behind me scream run forrest run. (hehe the first part I stole from VooDoo and the rest you know).

VooDoo I think is absolutely awesome that you want to publish more planes. Would also like to make you happy, but I don't know if I can do it and whether I should dare ... oh shit on it.

Improvement on the Beechcraft 100% better sound cockpit and fuselage better texture better shader and with AP in the cockpit

The DC3 had in my opinion the nose of the DC2 I improved. Shader added that looks more realistic to me and the sound is 100% better.

I don't know why I'm showing the zeppelins, maybe they could serve as an advertising banner (AI model) for your spaceships. Maybe it's a stupid idea.

Fear the worst hope the best

22 Apr 2020 12:58 #46025 by eagle12
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: thebroons

23 Apr 2020 22:11 #46051 by Vodoun da Vinci
www.fguk.me/hangar/military-jets/summary...ts/574-davinci-su-34

My mount for this adventure if you please. I'll be flying the VooDoo Death Duck liv or the UK_Camo liv. This'll be awesome! been wanting to fly this 'Bird in one of Gary's Fast Jet nights for like a whole year.

VooDoo
The following user(s) said Thank You: thebroons, J Maverick 16

23 Apr 2020 22:16 - 23 Apr 2020 22:18 #46052 by J Maverick 16
Worth staying up a lil bit more eheh. Thanks man! Finally a Russian aircraft I'll enjoy flying.
Mav

Oh God, that's EGOD!

25 Apr 2020 18:27 #46090 by thebroons
Route Manager file, first post

G

Time to create page: 0.667 seconds