FlightNight May 2nd - The Matterhorn Flyby!

30 Apr 2020 13:05 - 30 Apr 2020 22:39 #46136 by Vodoun da Vinci

We will meet at the Appointed hour of 8 pm London time at ICAO: LSZA - Lugano Airport in Switzerland. Please bring the aircraft of your choice form the FGUK Hangars (only please) that can attain/maintain 130 - 140 KIAS at altitudes up to 16000'. This flight is primarily designed for GA aircraft singles and light twins but should be possible for a 'chopper if you choose wisely. I'll be flying my new Messerschmitt Bf-108 Tiafun.....

We will depart Lugano and overfly LFHM (Megève Altiport) and then turn slightly and proceed to ICAO: LFLE - Chambéry Challes-les-Eaux Aerodrome in France where we will break for refresh and refuel. The route to LFHM will take us past and thru significant terrain and landmarks including The Matterhorn which is 14,692′ above sea level. After we depart LFLE we will fly directly to LFML - Marseille Provence Airport as our final destination. Plan to arrive in Marseille at dusk about 1830 UTC.

Comms on TeamSpeak as always: www.fguk.me/forum/radio-comms/20-team-speak3-server-details

Lot's of cool Airports and significant terrain and breath taking vistas await our FlightNight Adventure and I hope to see as many as possible!

VooDoo
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Algernon, thebroons, Porcius

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Apr 2020 14:40 #46138 by timi
A couple of other noteworthy places on the same pass.

Gornergrat observatory.
www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1...lais_Swiss_Alps.html

Dufourspitze, the second highest peak in Europe after Mont Blanc.
www.britannica.com/place/Dufourspitze
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodoun da Vinci

30 Apr 2020 20:51 #46143 by sanni
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

30 Apr 2020 22:42 #46145 by Vodoun da Vinci
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :woohoo:

Original plan updated to include way point LFHM (Megève Altiport) to position us correctly to observe The Matterhorn and other noted significant terrain.

Choose wisely. Otherwise Sanni will have to rescue you and that might set us behind schedule....

VooDoo
The following user(s) said Thank You: StuartC

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds