Fly In to FlightNight: Virtual Tiger Meet - 9th May

02 May 2020 17:57 #46193 by J Maverick 16
I'll try to be there and do an extra relocation to Northolt from Aviano AB, Italy earlier that day.
I'll decide later if F-16 from FGAddon or F-5E.
Mav

Breakin' the sound barrier every day!
Oh God, that's EGOD!

FG 2020.1.1 - iMac 27" (Mid 2010) w/ macOS 10.12.6 - Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 May 2020 05:36 #46197 by CraZ as a loon
I am not sure if I'll be able to make it to the main event, but normally I can. If not, I'll gladly fly with you before the event.

Streaking through the skies at mach 2!
Join the Sky Knights demo team at bit.ly/sky-knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Algernon, StuartC

03 May 2020 10:52 #46202 by Algernon
Cool. See you at Northolt! :)

08 May 2020 15:37 - 08 May 2020 15:38 #46364 by Algernon
If you're planning on joining the fly in, please make sure you're at RAF Northolt (EGWU) and ready to taxi at 1800Z (1900 local time, BST) as we need to take off pretty soon after that to get to Lakenheath in decent time so as not to disrupt or delay the FlightNight ferry trip to Volkel.

The Route Manager file is available for download here

There is an ATC operating at Heathrow at the moment - I've spoken to them and told them that, if they are operating at the time, we'll be leaving EGWU and heading at low level along the river. Northolt is only five miles from Heathrow so please play nice and share the airspace responsibly :)

09 May 2020 13:03 #46433 by J Maverick 16
Sure thing! Hyped up already.
Mav

Oh God, that's EGOD!

FG 2020.1.1 - iMac 27" (Mid 2010) w/ macOS 10.12.6 - Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Algernon

09 May 2020 13:16 #46435 by J Maverick 16
With OPRF I'm planning a relocation flight to EGWU from LSMM in Switzerland with F-5s and others which will arrive about 15 to 30 mins before we start there. If someone's brave to come in as well, 1630z should be the designed start time. Hopefully we'll try to get as much people as possible on TS for comms for both that and the FlightNight. Gotta be massive ha!
Mav

Oh God, that's EGOD!

09 May 2020 13:24 #46436 by Porcius

J Maverick 16 wrote: I'll try to be there and do an extra relocation to Northolt from Aviano AB, Italy earlier that day.
I'll decide later if F-16 from FGAddon or F-5E.
Mav

Downloaded a shed-load of F-16s : yours , fg's, somebody else's etc

NO Tiger liveries in any of them ?

Porcy

Lightning DOES strike twice.

Watchmen Quote - "I am looking at the stars.... Thier light takes so long to reach us. All we ever see of Stars are thier old photographs"

09 May 2020 16:54 #46454 by J Maverick 16
No need to get a bunch of them, either Git or launcher version which are the same, plus FGUK's.
For Tiger livs, make sure you select Block 20 in the launcher:

Mav

Oh God, that's EGOD!

09 May 2020 17:56 #46457 by Porcius
Tried joining Mav's fly-in with various aircraft - all of which crashed fgfs.exe - bloody continually and is getting right up my nose.

Can somebody please check out the models for that group ? I accept it could be my end but it left me with their F-16 to fly and I cant accept that.

Many thanks.

Porcy

ps - im not negging Mav

Watchmen Quote - "I am looking at the stars.... Thier light takes so long to reach us. All we ever see of Stars are thier old photographs"

09 May 2020 18:43 #46458 by Algernon
I'm not sure I've got the right model, but I haven't had any crashes with them in the vicinity (Mav has had quite a few though, he thinks something is wrong)

09 May 2020 18:57 #46459 by Porcius
Ah ha - a MP cascade = bad packet doing the rounds. Good luck clearing that out.

I shall re-join 20:00 hrs and test the water : otherwise I give up with flight night all together.
These aircraft that I've selected are the FGUK best ones, most up to date, had most love in them.

Damn it - don't wanna leave FGUK but cant hack restarting fgfs.exe every 5 minutes coz of MP aircraft being around.

Porcius Poinkton

09 May 2020 18:59 #46460 by Algernon
Where did you find the cascade?

09 May 2020 19:09 #46461 by Porcius
I didn't find a cascade - I presumed that is the cause. I have nofukinindea what causes it.

I paid over 60 quid for ARMA3 and that is still as buggy as the sandbox version. So I curse and reload.
BUT WHY SHOULD I ?

I give up - we never used to have this problem. I looked forward to flightnight and don't normally have a problem apart from *that random model* but heyho.

No more.

TTFN

Porcius

09 May 2020 21:47 #46462 by enrogue
Porcy what version are you running?

09 May 2020 22:09 #46463 by timi
I was flying 2020.2.0 with Compositor and got 5 fps on the tarmac close to other choppers.
While in the air it was between 30 to 50 fps. Didn't get such a huge drop with the jets though.

09 May 2020 23:15 #46464 by Porcius

enrogue wrote: Porcy what version are you running?

10 May 2020 06:51 #46466 by enrogue
OK, yes that has the disconnection crash issue - I would either use 2018.3.5 or 2020.1rc (without compositor at this point) as neither of those have the bug (verified)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Porcius

10 May 2020 12:04 #46467 by Richard

Porcius wrote:

enrogue wrote: Porcy what version are you running?

2019.1.x is particularly bad.

The official view is that if reliability and stability is important then the LTS (long term stable) is the version for you; i.e. 2018.3.x (currently 2018.3.5) is the only version that you should be using.

There have been a lot of changes since 2018.3 and not all of the rough edges are fixed. There will be a 2020 LTS in the next 6 months - but really treat all 2020.x versions as beta and likely to crash. Even the newly released 2020.1 should be treated with suspicion for at least the next few months. We are working hard to fix the reliability issues - but it really helps if there is a reproducible test case logged in a ticket.

10 May 2020 12:24 #46469 by enrogue
I agree with Richard - for stability use 2018.3.x, but keep in mind it lacks some of the latest features (like yasim stiction)

I would recommend though that Aircraft devs also keep an eye on the beta/cutting edge releases to check out new features & give feedback

10 May 2020 20:23 #46489 by timi
So icecode says compositor is rendering shadows in every single knob inside
neighbouring helicopters too if they don't have aggressive LOD settings. A
known issue apparently. And on icecode's todo list to not render internal
shadows on external views.

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds