FlightNight 06 Mar 2021: over the hills and far away

04 Jan 2021 22:44 #49416 by Warty
Mostly in the Salween catchment area, from Hpa-An (VYPA) via Lashio (VYLS) to Putao (VYPT). Time permitting, also a fly-by of Shangri-La. 650 knots or more, low level throughout. A bit like this . . .

The Salween, officially Thanlwin River is a transcription of Burmese သံလွင်မြစ် In China, the river is known as Nu River or Nujiang (Chinese: 怒江; pinyin: Nù Jiāng), after the Nu people living in the area. Before they arrived, it was known as the Lǎo hé ( 老河 ).

You will need to stay with me for this because it's unlikely that I will be on a fixed heading for more than thirty seconds and almost certain I will not be at a fixed altitude at all - just hugging the hills. I will only be able to give you my IAS, which will be fairly constant.

Mac 10.14.1 Mojave, FG 2020.4.0
The following user(s) said Thank You: StuartC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jan 2021 22:44 - 04 Jan 2021 23:27 #49417 by Warty
THE BRIEFING

Time: 8pm London time (20:00 GMT)
Aircraft: Any suitable fast jet from the FGUK hangar.
Weather: Core high pressure region (slight breeze from 150 degrees)
Sim time of day: Noon
Comms: on TeamSpeak only, see: www.fguk.me/forum/radio-comms/20-team-speak3-server-details
Take off location:
--airport=VYPA --runway=21

Because of the difficulty of making turns at close to sonic speeds, we will mostly be turning at least 5 seconds before each waypoint. The waypoints are typically spaced around one minute apart.

Starting procedure: After take-off from VYPA runway 21, turn right and look for the river then turn right and look for me. That's the only tricky bit really. After that it's just following me wherever I go. I should hopefully be naintaing less than 1,000 ft AGL throughout.

Waypoints:

File Attachment:

File Name: hill-hugging.xml.zip
File Size:2 KB

Mac 10.14.1 Mojave, FG 2020.4.0
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: inexel0853

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds