OneWorld

17 May 2020 21:54 #46689 by Algernon
OneWorld is the name of the script I'm developing to replace my old SceneSetter project - basically, a way of synchronising the FG environment over multiplayer. Within a couple of weeks, I hope to have a host-guest (or server-client) system working so that the host can set (and, if appropriate, change) the time offset and weather scenario for all guests/clients running their scenario. This would hopefully make verbal synchronisation of time and weather a thing of the past on FlightNights. There are tons of other possibilities, like scoring in competitive events like Fightertag, for example.

This post is just to get the thread established. But I hope it will be available for FlightNight flight leaders to use if they want to within a couple of weeks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 May 2020 22:10 #46692 by Porcius
Sounds an awesome idea, matey.

Lightning DOES strike twice.

Watchmen Quote - "I am looking at the stars.... Thier light takes so long to reach us. All we ever see of Stars are thier old photographs"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Algernon, thebroons, enrogue

18 May 2020 14:43 #46706 by J Maverick 16
Emessary protocol could also be helpful for this, Richard knows the ins and outs of it.
Sounds really cool, looking forward to it!
Mav

Breakin' the sound barrier every day!
Oh God, that's EGOD!

FG 2020.1.1 - iMac 27" (Mid 2010) w/ macOS 10.12.6 - Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds