EGOD - new layout?

17 Mar 2013 23:42 #7987 by rafdave
Now that ive "nearly" got terrorgear beaten down into a less horrible creature i was after an opinion on a layout of EGOD

The RW and taxiway layout is as per the actual airfield. Ive added 3 heli slots but the parking is there

If anyone wants it to have a taxi around/look at on flightgear i can talk you through how to get it on.

The final part of the puzzle is just to get the background scenery loaded around the tile so that you dont have the empty space like the pics

Please be as critical as possible or if you have anything you want added then let me know.(buildings can come later after the layout is on flightgear.

there is still alot of tuning to be done i.e position of papis etc.

(Moli i can show you how to do this to test yours :-))

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Mar 2013 08:35 #7988 by StuartC
Looks good so far.
Can we add arrester gear to runway 17 for those "Emergancy" landing drills?

18 Mar 2013 08:48 - 18 Mar 2013 08:50 #7989 by Moli
Brilliant. Thanks Dave, yes please - show me how to do it -been struggling so far - to the point of giving up. And how to load EGOD.

Brilliant.

18 Mar 2013 09:47 #7990 by Avionyx
Hope you can get it included mate, I've submitted mine to Martin 3 times now with no result yet! Looks like a great layout too.

18 Mar 2013 11:16 #7992 by rafdave
Moli. I'll try and be on for a few hours tonight and talk you through it.

I'll hopefully get it sorted to the point where it can just be put on so it will load automatically via terrasync

Stu. Are there any airfields already with arrestor gear?

18 Mar 2013 11:25 #7993 by Vodoun da Vinci
Looks great! :)

Hopefully we can enlist the aid and expertise of Mr. Neilson as he seems to have the Waya and Means of getting this stuff up loaded so we can retrieve it via Terrasync.

Won't do at all to have us all lading at different airports when we are all at EGOD. :lol:

VooDoo

18 Mar 2013 13:28 #7995 by rafdave
stu

now ive actually looked at it yes its very easy :) when we get the scenery on it can just be added the smae as a building then use an AI scenario the same as the carriers to activate the wire (one that runs autimatically without being selected possibly)

18 Mar 2013 13:55 #7996 by Neilson
This is looking really good.

Far more advance than the scenery stuff.

FG v8.10 lay out, which we know.

FG v9.00 lay out thats meant to come with the next scenery update, which i think is quarterly.
But i was told i could be longer, to get it in FG. This bugs me as Rochester EGTO has a huge update to its lay out.

Personally i prefer RAFDave's lay out.

18 Mar 2013 17:57 #8008 by Moli

rafdave wrote: Moli. I'll try and be on for a few hours tonight and talk you through it.

I'll hopefully get it sorted to the point where it can just be put on so it will load automatically via terrasync

Stu. Are there any airfields already with arrestor gear?

I'll try to get here later but I follow written directions better. Gives me something solid to go back to when I get messed up.

And, yes, if we can get these airfield improvements uploaded and avalable to terrasync - or terramaster - that'll be a huge improvement. I do like the thought that we're flying into airfields that do exist and are recognisable.

18 Mar 2013 18:26 #8009 by Avionyx
To whom are people sending their Airfield .dat files? I've been sending them to Martin Spott but no inclusions as yet

18 Mar 2013 18:32 #8012 by rafdave
ive not sent any off

ive taken the .dat file and used terragear to create a .stg and EGOD.btg.gz file which i can use to replace the FG scenery files which means it shows in flightgear

The final problem im having is generating the rest of the background scenery for the area about 5 miles around the airfield

18 Mar 2013 18:35 #8013 by Avionyx
Dave,

Yes I can do that too but I can't get my Terragear to build it into the scenery tile like you. I'm told that it's a problem with adding the correct layers but even under the guidance of those in the know I've been unable to get any to properly build.

We just need to find someone with a working Terragear build to process them for us, but finding someone who understands Terragear is not so easy.
Gijs is excellent with it but very busy.

Alex

18 Mar 2013 19:10 #8016 by rafdave
are you using the 64 or 32 bit version?

The ogr-decode which creates the scenery layers fails on the 32 bit version and from what i can tell is missing a proj.dll file.

There is a version of this file for the 64bt version though :\

Dave

18 Mar 2013 20:26 #8017 by Avionyx
I think I've got the 64 bit but can't be sure. On my laptop at the moment and Terragear just fails miserably.

I've heard that Mac's aren't its best platform.

18 Mar 2013 20:33 #8018 by rafdave
FOUND IT :D now stnadby to see if theres anything else missing

19 Mar 2013 15:43 #8035 by rafdave
Just when you think you have it nailed :woohoo:

then you turn around

Wouldnt mind someone testing it though to get some opinions while im trying to work out wha the hell is happening to the east
Attachments:

19 Mar 2013 15:54 #8036 by StuartC
How high does it go? have you tried to fly over it?

19 Mar 2013 16:31 #8039 by rafdave
it doesnt seem to have a top :\ so not managed to get over it it seems to be a problem where the 2 tiles meet ahh well one more problem to work around :)

19 Mar 2013 16:44 #8040 by Algernon

How high does it go? have you tried to fly over it?

That's crazy talk!!! You'll be suggesting we sail to the edge of the ocean next...

19 Mar 2013 16:54 #8041 by Vodoun da Vinci
Love it - can't wait to get it via Terrasync! :cheer:

VooDoo

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds