Date: TBA

Opening

Spitfire / Hurricane / Typhoon EFA formation overfly
Red Arrows Formation - BAE Hawk

Main Event & Demonstrations

Rapid Descent & Stop - C-17

Historic Bombers Fly-in & Land - Halifax, Lancaster, Stirling

Vulcan Fly-by flight - low pass over runway, high bank manouevres, land & park

Heritage Flight - formation of Sea Vixen, Canberra & Vampire - overfly, split after runway end (left, right and up) and loop thru 180 to pass runway parallel 5 miles out. Circle in and land one after the other. Park.

Vertical flight Demonstration - Harrier, Puma, Chinook, Lynx, Apache

Foreign Demonstrators - Sukhoi T50, F-22 Raptor, F-15 Strike Eagle, MiG 21bis

Active service demonstrators - Typhoon EFA, Tornado GR4, BAE Hawk

Grand Finale

As many bodies as we can have, each choosing an FGUK aircraft and overflying runway (then loop & land) Those choosing rotary wings will put down in a parking spot to be determined

All aircraft flying in will originate at Southend (EGMC)

Whaddya think? Also, another madcap idea is that there's a "walker" model out there right now being worked on. Possible to have a lineup of our fav livs for "spectators" to view this way. I need to find out more on this.

G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Nov 2013 11:02 #12441 by Algernon
All this is quite possible. I already have a Concorde plus nine Red Arrows in formation model which, though cheatsy, looks great - a lot better than trying to form up nine piloted Hawks.

Static displays could be positioned as part of a scenario, to show off livs and models for walkers.

30 Nov 2013 11:17 #12442 by Avionyx
That's quite an impressive plan there (although you forgot the dominie and the tanker set flyby! (Victor, MRTT, VC-10, A400m)
All quite possible, probably need everyone to pick say 3 aircraft, realistically?

Would we be looking at holding this as a Saturday night event?
How many practices and dry runs do you think would be needed?

30 Nov 2013 12:44 #12443 by Vodoun da Vinci
Sounds like too much fun...Manston is the place in my mind.

VooDoo

30 Nov 2013 13:53 #12446 by Algernon
I think we'd need a bit more than two hours for all the displays, but if people prefer to keep it Saturday oriented, we could always run it throughout the afternoon too...

Manston is probably my preferred option too, lots of display space, both flying and static...

15 Jan 2014 12:01 - 15 Jan 2014 12:11 #13066 by Algernon
I for one am quite keen for this to happen. I think it's worth us getting a schedule together early, even before we have a schedule, as many of us don't have time for an intensive rehearsal schedule and working out a display will take thought and practice.

I think the best way to do it is to have an airshow scenario file, with the airfield properly decked out with everything you'd find at an airshow except overpriced army surplus gear. Nice, low-poly models galore to make visiting a real experience.

It's been discussed a bit, earlier, and I'm going to dig up that thread and find out what was suggested for a location and as a flying operations base. I've got quite a neat idea for how we could do static displays of models that then "become" real aircraft once the right person brings the right aircraft into the MP arena, allowing us to do some realistic taxi and takeoff stuff at the show venue as well as flying in from the operational base.

There are some nice group ideas up there, I think we could also do with some solo displays. I reckon something like this would operate best as a drop in event throughout the day on Saturday, with FGUK people being there when they can and with flexibility in case of unforseen real-life eventualities. We could cope with more visitors over a six hour period than a two hour one.

15 Jan 2014 12:10 #13068 by StuartC
Having a downloadable AI Scenario for the toruists to install which places the Display aircraft arround could be done.

Also having the tourists bring walkers rather than aircraft would be better ( although might look like revenge of the clones ).

15 Jan 2014 12:18 #13069 by Algernon
Haha, well we could always give the walkers random appearances, with a lower probability (but not impossibility) of buxom trolley dollies in RAF jumpsuits...

Realistically, we'll have to suggest anybody flying in uses another nearby airfield, keeps well out of our airspace, and insist they then bring a walker to watch the display.

My idea is this: Each static display aircraft which will also fly carries a small chunk of Nasal. If an aircraft of the same model appears on MP, and if that aircraft has the right codeword in one of its MP properties, the static display aircraft disappears (but not any bumph surrounding it). You just need to define precisely the real flyable aircraft's grid location and heading, and include the codeword in properties at startup, and there should be a seamless transition.

Yes, I am chuckling and crossing my fingers when I say "seamless"...

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds