FlightNight Dec. 7th - South America, The Movie

08 Dec 2019 00:43 - 08 Dec 2019 00:47 #43993 by Vodoun da Vinci

Sorry about the lags and BS. First part of the Live Stream was pretty good. The rest not so much...I appreciate the pilots who attended and their indulgence. ;)

This is gonna be my last FlightNight for a while being as I have simply burned out and I'm kinda sick of it now. Too many hours planning and striving for too little return on the effort. Waste of time for me and I have lost my sense of humor which is a killer for me. If I'm not having fun it's not a priority for me.

Listening to the constant bitching about what didn't go perfectly or according to plan, folks who won't bring the required or designated aircraft, can't/won't fly with the group or follow the Flight Leader and instead "do their own thing" has ruined it for me. I'm not interested. I have other things that demand my attention since few seem to appreciate the time and effort that goes into FlightGears longest and most attended MP Event.

Apologies in advance for the shitty attitude. I'm quite sure others can plan and host a more comprehensive event.

VooDoo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Dec 2019 01:26 #43994 by Porcius
Hey man, don't go in a spiral dude.
The event was amazing - what could be better than riding an awesome steed across the sky with a bunch of mates ?
Damn it if the scenery didn't load or an other person didn't get YOUR view of the terrain (hey its MP ?)

Fuck it, I crashed many times by my own fault (it could be my black widow) but I still enjoyed being *there*.
The flight was just fine. Its the pilots that make a 'flight' and 'we' were just amazed at the scenes.

I do sympathise with you on the ground rules aspect as I had a similar thingy with 'Tour 3' I believe.
The fact YOU bothered to make a flight counts, big time.
I will personally vouch for your efforts mate. That I can confirm.

Ignore the petty sarcasms, they are often taken out of context / spur of the moment doodas etc.

Porcy

Lightning DOES strike twice.

Watchmen Quote - "I am looking at the stars.... Thier light takes so long to reach us. All we ever see of Stars are thier old photographs"

08 Dec 2019 10:51 #43995 by eagle12
Hey Voodoo,

the eagleman would like to say, You and Stuart are doing a great job your flightplan is everytime brilliant and i know that is not easy to do. Stuart makes nice music (well not all of them but most of them=working moving working moving yeah, reminds me a bit of Linkin Part) and the Screenshots are very awesome. But the best part is your humor Voodoo i love it really!!! (do not be sad)
By the way all the other guys for example young Mav, Flash, Geed, cute Sanni and Porcius and so on it is a nice group with nice different personalities on Flightnight i like all of them.

I can understand you Voodoo you struggle with Flightgear yesterday (everytime weather to update and the FG lags) but hey man don't give it up you are the one and the hero. But if you need a timeout do that you have my support.

08 Dec 2019 11:20 #43996 by Porcius
Cool scenery abound, good fun had, great company.

Screenshots here : photos.app.goo.gl/5G6Sa89TWXs7szux5

Enjoy !

Porcy

Lightning DOES strike twice.

Watchmen Quote - "I am looking at the stars.... Thier light takes so long to reach us. All we ever see of Stars are thier old photographs"

08 Dec 2019 12:02 #43998 by enrogue
Ah it looks awesome - I'm sorry I can't make many flight nights these days

Voodoo keep it up please & don't stress. As eagle says we love your sense of humour

I ran the flight path early this morning on the F-20C & posted some screenshots to the main forum - superb choice of flight route

08 Dec 2019 12:24 #43999 by J Maverick 16
Oh come on VooDoo it was awesome! I know that it's demanding to plan an event, especially if you've been doing it so many times close together and real life gets in between as well.
I think I've enjoyed the best formation flying I've done in quite some time particularly staying close to your wings.
And about the bitching, yeah it's annoying. I for one can say my observations are never meant to be negative or anything, the fact the airfields were small and all there's nothing you as a planner can do about it. It's a rough part of the world I don't even expect having decent airstrips. I guess we (most of us) coped with it quite well. No one said it would be easy and people shouldn't always expect a plan that fits within their comfort zone.
Hell I wouldn't even be here if I wouldn't enjoy what we do during the 2hr time span. I even encourage people from outside FGUK to join if they can.
Anyways, here's some of the best shots from yesterday, all flight was without AP so mostly cockpit pics:

Mav

Breakin' the sound barrier every day!
Oh God, that's EGOD!

FG 2020.3.1 - iMac 27" (Mid 2010) w/ macOS 10.12.6 - Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar

08 Dec 2019 12:25 #44000 by J Maverick 16

Breakin' the sound barrier every day!
Oh God, that's EGOD!

FG 2020.3.1 - iMac 27" (Mid 2010) w/ macOS 10.12.6 - Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar

Time to create page: 1.604 seconds