FlightNight Sept. 11 - France, Germany, Switzerland Chopper Cruise.

08 Sep 2021 11:13 - 08 Sep 2021 22:32 #51087 by Vodoun da Vinci

We'll meet at the appointed hour of 8 pm London time at ICAO EDTF - Freiburg Airport in Germany. Please bring the 'Chopper of your choice from the FGUK Hangars that can attain and maintain a speed of 130 KIAS to altitudes of approx. 7000'. Much of this trip will actually be done at AGL 900

We will depart the starting airport and fly directly to: LFSC, LFSB, LSZH and land at LSMD - Militärflugplatz Dübendorf as our midpoint refresh and refuel airport. After refueling we will depart and overfly LSME, LSZC, LSMF, LOIH, LSZR and then land at EDNY - Friedrichshafen Airport in Deutschland once again.

Comms on TeamSpeak as always: www.fguk.me/forum/radio-comms/20-team-speak3-server-details

I have encountered an awful lot of really cool terrain/topography and Urban stuff and some pretty nice airports on this route and so hope to share this with as many FGFS/FGUK Aficionados as possible!

As a word of warning - maybe practice a bit on spawning at many of these waypoints as apparently well meaning folks have placed crash able objects/aircraft/buildings in more than a few spawning locations and if you originate there yer Dead on Arrival. Pick your points to launch from carefully as many of them will spawn you in a building, on another aircraft (a fixed position aircraft that will kill you) or some odd impossible location. Just....be aware. Especially LSMD - I spawned at at least 6 different points and *ALL* of them killed me as I tried to take off. If in doubt use an active runway and go where it's safe.

VooDoo
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: StuartC, Porcius, sanni, eagle12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Sep 2021 18:29 #51094 by oly2b
Some 2020.4 photoscenery for anybody interested for this route

OneDrive Link

1drv.ms/u/s!AmRcwtiRJxd9qXYRcXe0SJRxpLeO?e=YMzAdw

Add to your custom scenery folder and active at the start of FG
The following user(s) said Thank You: StuartC, Vodoun da Vinci, Porcius, sanni

10 Sep 2021 20:34 #51095 by StuartC
If Saturday goes anything like tonight did, I wont be flying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodoun da Vinci

10 Sep 2021 22:51 - 11 Sep 2021 09:17 #51096 by Porcius
I'll be at the Memorial Flight, in a F-35B because I've lent my HOTAS unit to a friend and I can't do helicopters very well with it anyway.
At least in the F-35 I can use keyboard/mouse & AP.
So I will be with you on the next 1. Looks like I'll be missing some stunning scenery :(
Sorry.

Porcy

Lightning DOES strike twice.

Watchmen Quote - "I am looking at the stars.... Thier light takes so long to reach us. All we ever see of Stars are thier old photographs"

11 Sep 2021 11:32 #51097 by eagle12
@Stu....@Porcy

:( :(

11 Sep 2021 13:27 #51098 by thebroons
Touch and go if I can make it. It's our anniversary today (goddamn terrorist bastards).... 28 and still rocking strong. ;)

G

Any stairway is a stairway to heaven if you’re clumsy enough.
If your shirt isn’t tucked into your pants, your pants are tucked into your shirt.
Your stomach thinks all potatoes are mashed.
Most of the sky is actually below your feet.
The object of golf is to play the least amount of golf.

11 Sep 2021 15:41 #51099 by Vodoun da Vinci
We'll miss you guys but the grief is mitigated by the awesome Orthographic scenery.

Super thanks to Oly again!

VooDoo

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds